My new project "National Battle Boxes" -updated 1/7

• @siredblood:

im kinda stuck on America ribbon, what do you guys think? The red/white/blue, but that’s france as well :(

Maybe in the style of the silver star?

If you can get one with a star, I would do that. Make it distinct and obvious and leave the red/white/blue stripes for France.

• '17 '16 Customizer

I tried 3 times to paint a proper star, and im so OCD, that my stars were not acceptable lol, SO, I went with solid blue.

United States, France, and Soviet Union are done! I have British, ANZAC (still waiting shipment from Australia), and China medals bought and should be here soon. I had a bid on Italy, but was outbid lol. Japan is still looking grim, I do have a bid out, but I feel it will fail.

I did a few edits to my setup chart layout, added the turn sequence for both 1940 and 42, and figured out what I wanted to do to cover the ribbon tab (see Germany, was old way).

France requiring less space, got the honor of housing all the facilities :)

Last is a pic of all 9 cases, China houses mostly game components, chips, dice, money etc, will provide pic when lid is done. Now while im awaiting medals, ill be designing the leather travel case for these. BUT not today, today im working on my map, which I hope to start a topic on soon.

Thanks everyone for the feedback, ill keep updating this thread as the lids are completed!

• '17 '16 Customizer

BAM, found a WW2 US lapel star pin, ill pin it to the ribbon!

• '17 '16

Maybe you could get/find a small cloth US Flag and fold/cut it into ribbon size, so you could either get the stripes and or the blue star field to show?

• '17 '16 Customizer

@Wolfshanze:

Maybe you could get/find a small cloth US Flag and fold/cut it into ribbon size, so you could either get the stripes and or the blue star field to show?

well, I have a pin on the way, lets hope it pans out. Still waiting for my over seas shipments to continue this project. ANZAC was the first one I ordered, damn, still not here :(

• '17 '16 Customizer

Whoo-hooo, ANZAC arrived AND I won the Japan bid, 17 bids later and its mine!  :D … All I need now is to find Italy, which I have a bid on another one (lost the first one).

• You’re making great progress on this project!

• Can we see the Italian and Japanese boxes?

• '17 '16 Customizer

Thanks for the replies!

I don’t have the medals on hand yet for Japan/Italy, they are both on the way from over seas, so who knows when ill get them, ANZAC was the first I ordered, and I just got it.

With that, here is ANZAC!

• '17 '16

If I was a New Zealander, I would be offended by the ANZAC box!  :wink:

• '17 '16 Customizer

@Wolfshanze:

If I was a New Zealander, I would be offended by the ANZAC box!   :wink:

Ha! You have no idea how much I tried to get anything with ANZAC on it, I finally found 1 that would have worked for this project, but I missed it, was already sold :(

Good news though, my China medal arrived yesterday, so ill have that lid wrapped up today :)

• '17 '16 Customizer

A couple more, Japan and China are done, I also added the star to US. My UK one arrived, but it was larger then described by a 1/4 inch, which made it too large, but I have another one on the way, and still waiting for Italy to arrive… I hate waiting :)

With China not really needing a lot of space, most of the space goes to other items, cash, dice, etc. France holds all the facilities.

• '17 '16 Customizer

Almost done, Here is UK. The first medal I received was a little too big, but this one fit perfectly.

UK interior is slightly different in order to separate the income. Only Italy left now, I did receive the medal yesterday, and its going to work great, ill post that in a couple days, don’t feel like going to the shop to bore the lid today, busy with the map haha.

• That angled divider in the UK box is going to be a pain to use I think.
    I always find corners in deeper boxes like this to be difficult (at least they are in mine), especially as they get tighter like those angles.

• '17 '16 Customizer

@IWillNeverGrowUp:

That angled divider in the UK box is going to be a pain to use I think.
    I always find corners in deeper boxes like this to be difficult (at least they are in mine), especially as they get tighter like those angles.

Its been game tested! I added so many units to each country (well not China) you will never need to empty anything. I was UK last weekend, never saw the bottom of the box :) If one was in the corner, you can always use a sub to get it out haha.

I wasn’t fond of the angle idea, but it best fit the units with those bombers.

• @siredblood:

@IWillNeverGrowUp:

That angled divider in the UK box is going to be a pain to use I think.

Its been game tested! I added so many units to each country (well not China) you will never need to empty anything. I was UK last weekend, never saw the bottom of the box :) If one was in the corner, you can always use a sub to get it out haha.

I wasn’t fond of the angle idea, but it best fit the units with those bombers.

Well, if you never get to the bottom that would be alright. I just pictured trying to pick them out of there and it hurt my fingers thinking about it. lol

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m