• Given that:
    a) Germany is focusing on
    b) Japan focusing on the South and the US

Could Russia trigger the strict naturals esp Mongolia,
    by turning them Pro Axis and occupying them all.

Mongolia would worth 18IPC then by the time Axis goes to war with you.
    So as Afghanistan.

Any possibility? If given the right circumstances

• '17 '16 '15

Welcome to the forums Spartanx. I believe you are misinterpreting the rules. If Russia triggers the strict neutrals it would because Russia attacked one of the strict neutrals and it would turn all the strict neutrals against the allies.

If Japan attacks Russia first, then the Mongolians would turn into Russians.

• @barney:

Welcome to the forums Spartanx. I believe you are misinterpreting the rules. If Russia triggers the strict neutrals it would because Russia attacked one of the strict neutrals and it would turn all the strict neutrals against the allies.

If Japan attacks Russia first, then the Mongolians would turn into Russians.

Thanks Barney, i have always been on the forum but nvr made an acc.
    I think u might misunderstand wt i meant. The reason why i would want to turn the strict neutrals against the allies is so that i can take an insane bonus by taking pro-axis neutral territory.
    But yeah, i believe i misunderstand the rules. Just a wild thought that come our of my mind. Thank btw:)

• @ShadowHAwk:

It doesnt work that way.

It is saying, Original Axis or Pro-Axis neutrals.
    Strickt Neutrals are originaly strickt neutral not pro-axis neutral. Whatever happens during the game the initial state does not change.
    So no abuse of the NO of russia to get an insane bonus.

Btw you should have figured out that this is abuse of the rules so it would not be allowed right.
    It is so obviously cheating if it would be allowed it would seriously imbalance the game.

Hi ShadowHAwK,

Yea i believe i have misread the rule. It just came across my mind. Thanks for replying.
    I am currently trying to build up a house rule base on the original rules, so i am trying to examine all possibilities.

• '17 '16 '15

ahh… I see what you mean now. Yea you should be able to come up with some sorta house rule.

• I am currently trying to build up a house rule that basically goes beyond simply Axis vs Allies.

Basically the game will be divided into 5 different camps trying to seek world domination.

1. The Pact of Steel (Ger+Ita)
    2. The Allies (UK+Fr)
    3. The USSR
    4. Japan
    5. The USA

The focus of the game will go beyond destroying another camps, but trying to seek for balance of power and self-interests.

Thats why i am trying to buff up some weaker powers with national objectives.

• that sounds more like a new game than just houserules. You would need a lot of individual victory conditions for that to work. You should probably just make a completely different game, and then consult the map whenever war has started. You would need a lot of political and diplomatic actions for a game like that to work.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Since Japan and Germany aren’t positioned to even be able to attack each other, they would just go back to being independent Allied killers/adversaries.

Germany and Japan in real life had little in common except their hegemonic ambitions, with all that fertile allied colonial territory to take.

• Basically my draft plan will be as follow:

1. The game will remain the same until turn 4 when US and Russia can join the war freely.

2. Anzac will be integrated into UK Pacific. Fr will hardly be a powerhouse.

3. Tech will be introduced in the game similar to ‘The Cliffside Bunker House Rules’
         - Controlling Washington, London, Paris, Berlin, Rome, Moscow, Calcutta, Sydney, Tokyo will each be given 1 free tech.
         - 6 victory cities on the Pacific map
         - 7 victory cities on the Europe map
         - combined total of 136 IPCs on the income tracker  
          which will in total be 12 diff tech. (By doing so the weak UK will have an advantage of having 3 tech at the beginning)

4. New possible national objectives
         - Ger occupy London +5IPC
         - Japan controlling or ruling China (will be explain later) +5IPC
         - UK Europe full Allies control of Africa +5IPC
         - UK Europe London-Calcutta free of enemy warship (if pass by Med)+5IPC (if pass by Cape of Good Hope) +3IPC
         - UK Europe occupy Washington +5IPC
         - USSR control +3IPC or ruling +5IPC China

5. New China Rule
         Given the ongoing Chinese Civil War, several scenarios may apply:
         -Japan can set up a Chinese puppet govt (Capital in Kiangsu) before the collect income turn if all Chinese territories are occupied.
          All original Chinese territories except for Manchuria (due to historic Japan puppet state of Manchukuo) must be given back to China if Japan decides to do so.
          +5IPC bonus will still apply even the puppet state is set up
         -USSR can set up a Communist Chinese govt if the USSR control 3 or above Chinese territories. +3 IPC
          Manchuria will be the capital if the unification of China by Communist China happens. (Formosa will be considered as part of China)
         -UK and Ger can also set up Chinese puppet govt (Capital in Kiangsu) if 6 or above Chinese territories are occupied.

There can only be 2 diff Chinese govt maximum.

Japan and USSR have their own ‘Burma road’ type bonus of +6IPC to China
       USSR: Manchuria, Amur, Buryatia, Yakut S.S.R.
       Japan: Kiangsu, SZ19, SZ6, Japan
       China can produce inf and art anywhere on its territories. After the unification of China, it can set up industries and build all types of troops as a normal country. (must be build on IC)

Chinese army can leave China after unification.

1. Countries are allowed to collect IPC even their capital has fallen. UK will apply the 2nd Capital rule as ‘The Cliffside Bunker House Rules’.
          France income will be placed in London if Paris has fallen. It will be taken together with the UK IPC if London is fallen. The income after will be placed in the 2nd Capital afterwards.

These are just some basic thoughts. I think it could buff up the UK a bit and give Japan worthy rewards if decided to do China first.
    Please share ur thoughts :)

• These ideas come from some games with my frds where Russia and the USA become overly rich when Ger and Britain trying to fight each other.
    The insane Russia bonus of +3IPC and immense stack of army make the Russia play wanna fight against everyone and ofcoz so as the 100+ income USA.

I dont know if you guys share the same thoughts as we do when we want to continue the game even either Axis or Allies has won, but thats why all these ideas come to my mind.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m