• Well that’s true, they definitely have a unique attack and return to defend talent.

-LT04

• Fighters don’t need to be committed to trade territories.  If you attack with 2 inf 1 tank, you probably sent those 2 inf 1 tank to their death at very little cost in enemy units. If you attack with 2 inf 1 fighter, the infantry die, but you don’t care, because your costly fighter is safe, and your cheap infantry have either forced the enemy to commit infantry, or to lose more expensive units.

Fighters are good against navy.

Let’s put it this way.  You have a tank.  Now you double its movement, and let it fly, and increase its defense, and give it depth charges to blow up subs and other naval units.

Flying tanks.  COOOOLLLL.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Uhm, dunno about fighters are good against navy.  I think the navy is better against fighters. :)

I’ll trade Germany American transports for German Fighters all day long!

• Two American transports per German fighter?  It’s a deal.

No, 1 American Transport for 1 German Fighter, dear.  Trade.  1 for 1.

Remember, that fighter has a 50/50 shot at hitting.  Any reasonable defense is going to have a destroyer, aircraft carrier, battleship and/or fighter for each attacking fighter negating and surprassing their hit ratio.

• @Jennifer:

No, 1 American Transport for 1 German Fighter, dear. Trade. 1 for 1.

Remember, that fighter has a 50/50 shot at hitting. Any reasonable defense is going to have a destroyer, aircraft carrier, battleship and/or fighter for each attacking fighter negating and surprassing their hit ratio.

Any reasonable offense is going to have superior attack capability, especially since the attacker chooses whether or not he/she attacks.

You can’t force me to trade 1 German fighter for 1 US transport any more than you can force me to trade German bombers for Russian submarines.

No, but I can force you to choose between not attacking at all and negating your entire airforce as an offensive weapon against my navy, or trading to my benefit.  And I don’t even have to invest a lot into offensively useless units.  16 IPC is about all I need to get a Carrier, the rest I need anyway.  Meanwhile, you now have 6 fighters, 1 bomber vs 2 fighters, 1 AC, 1 Surface Ship from Game Start and multiple transports.

Sure, I’ll lose some transports, but I’ll take out your airforce.  Or, you let me land uncontested. :P

And that, in a nutshell, is what I mean when I say that navy is better against airforce then airforce is against navy.

• Let’s clone Jen and have her play herself.

Begun the Clone Wars have.  Hee hee!

@newpaintbrush:

Let’s clone Jen and have her play herself.

Begun the Clone Wars have.  Hee hee!

And this has what to do with the price of rice in China?

Are you attempting to say that your fighters and bombers are going to do better against my surface fleet then my surface fleet will do against your fighters?

Even if you realize that the surface fleet will decimate or obliterate your luftwaffe and decide not to attack, my fleet has won by default.  I’m now landing uncontested instead of you comming out and contesting me.  Granted, your luftwaffe is still alive.

In other words, a surface fleet beats an airforce in this game.  In history it was different, but the way the game is set up, a surface fleet will normally beat out an airforce unless that airforce has put a lot into the attack and the surface fleet was left too weak to defend itself.  (Discounting all Fighter vs Transport combats which are too far into the bell curve extreme to consider.)

• @Jennifer:

No, but I can force you to choose between not attacking at all and negating your entire airforce as an offensive weapon against my navy, or trading to my benefit.  And I don’t even have to invest a lot into offensively useless units.  16 IPC is about all I need to get a Carrier, the rest I need anyway.  Meanwhile, you now have 6 fighters, 1 bomber vs 2 fighters, 1 AC, 1 Surface Ship from Game Start and multiple transports.Â

Sure, I’ll lose some transports, but I’ll take out your airforce.  Or, you let me land uncontested. :P

And that, in a nutshell, is what I mean when I say that navy is better against airforce then airforce is against navy.

AMEN!

• @axis_roll:

@Jennifer:

No, but I can force you to choose between not attacking at all and negating your entire airforce as an offensive weapon against my navy, or trading to my benefit.  And I don’t even have to invest a lot into offensively useless units.  16 IPC is about all I need to get a Carrier, the rest I need anyway.  Meanwhile, you now have 6 fighters, 1 bomber vs 2 fighters, 1 AC, 1 Surface Ship from Game Start and multiple transports.

AMEN!

tell it like it is brudda!

(shrugs) it’s all about the game!  don’t hate the playa!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m