• In world war two, a squad of infantry would ride on the back of a tank for fast attack capabilities. 
    So as sort of an add onto the idea that an attacking artillery can make an infantry attack at a level two, I think Russia should have the national advantage of each tank being able to take ONE infantry on its back and move that infantry two spaces with it….thoughts?

so for instance, if germany left a west russia open (hypothetically), a russian tank could take one russian infantry and blitz THROUGH west russia, and into one of the other surround areas for an attack.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

It’s called mechanized infantry which is a US National Advantage.  I don’t really have a problem with Russia having it as well as long as you take away Trans-Siberian Rails.

• @Jennifer:

It’s called mechanized infantry which is a US National Advantage.  I don’t really have a problem with Russia having it as well as long as you take away Trans-Siberian Rails.

Sorry, im fairly new to revised.  Any idea why the gave it to US??

• Because  they were probably THE most mechanized army in WWII.  They built enough 4x4s and 6x6s to get their men and material into action.

• true, but unless A&A comes out wiht Half tracks im not sure that applies.

• 2007 AAR League

Remember that one infantry unit in A&A doesnt represent a single soldier, but rather a huge battalion of soldiers.

Infantry can shoot at tanks in A&A - because the huge battalion of soldiers comes equipped with anti-tank weapons
    Infantry can shoot at planes in A&A - because the huge battalion of soldiers comes equipped with anti-air weapons

If the US army was that mobile, don’t you think your battalion of soldiers would come supported with half tracks?  Thus represented by the US National Advantage of mechanized infantry?

• thats true, but the idea of mechanized infantry, was utilized MORE by the russians though not the classic first thought as the US is.

• All US infantry was basically mechanized if your dealing with a comparison of named Soviet ‘mechanized corps’ with basic american infantry.

Many German infantry divisions were upgraded to ‘motorized’ and finally to Panzer Grenadier which is elite armored Infantry

In Italy they had motorized divisions as well.

France had at least one mech inf unit in 1940

Britain tinkered with this idea, but it was never implimented.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

Because USA needed another NA, probably, and they didn’t want to give them Atomic Weapons? :P

I dunno.  Basically it just says that infantry can move two zones like tanks and may blitz.  Not overly useful for America, but it does help.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m