New player to global, turning US and USSR axis

• So I am new to G40, I also know that France is done by USSR and China by US. Lets assume France and China are played by themselves (which the rules forbid), anyone tried letting the US and USSR join the axis powers?

• I know the sitution required for US and USSR to enter the war as an allied nation but G40 clearly is pro allies while in 1940 in real life, USSR was pro axis neutral and US was strict neutral with interest in the allies.

• As ShadowHAwk pointed out, you have clearly not played the game that much - it seems. In tournaments, the allies have a +20 IPC bid to balance the game. G40 is in the Axis’ favour if played right.

• Customizer

Back when we just had Classic, I made up a number of scenarios where countries were in different alliances.  One of those was Germany/Russia vs USA/UK/Japan.  Germany/Russia was a real power house in that one.  While the other three ruled the seas for a while, G/R controlled all of Europe, Asia and Africa and eventually bought enough aircraft to take on the British, American and Japanese navies and start building ships themselves.

• Stalin himself openly said he secretly hoped the Wehrmacht lost a million lives attacking France so Hitler could ask Stalin to join him. Stalin also said he would of gone right to Hitler if France and UK joined Finland during the Winter War, you can’t get more Pro-axis than that.

• The Russians could launch a sneak attack against the Allied forces, but the US can respond by picking up the board and dumping all of the pieces on the floor.  That is usually the best counterattack for a crazy Ivan player.  You might as well head home if your partners are going to be your enemy.

Play against the AI on TripleA for a few matches.  G40 is a tough game to master until you have seen where the pieces can go.  Also read the great threads that give opening strategies for the various nations.

• '17 '16 Customizer

We had a game where Axis totally dominated, I mean, allied pieces were basically off the game board, put away, done. We called it day, left the game as it was, one of the players came back over the next day, and it was Germany/Italy VS Japan, where within 5 hours, Japan ruled the world :)

We only did something like that once, but was a cool variant. I don’t think I would like to start that way, but continuing a war after its over by a new declaration or war was a nice touch.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m