Axis_and_Allies_Global_1940_order_of_Play

• This question may sound stupid but I was wondering what the most recent order of play is… We play the game according to the order of play in the pacific rule book…
    Does anyone know which turn order is the most recent( and most balanced probably) because I believe the order has changed also in tripleA.

• Well, the Global turn order as written in the Pacific rulebook (Global Rules) is still valid:

@rulebook:

Order Of Play
    Use the following order of play. Powers take their turns in this order regardless of which player controls them.
    1. Germany
    2. Soviet Union
    3. Japan
    4. United States
    5. China
    6. United Kingdom
    7. Italy
    8. ANZAC
    9. France

Same turn order in TripleA (you may have noticed the British/UK_pacific split up as well as Dutch, Mongolians and Neutrals being added to the list - but this is for game purposes and does not change the turn order).

• We were using this one too… I thought something changed during the alpha +3 edition which i feel is being played atm but I guess I was wrong…

• For those who are interested in a different turn order check out my Axis & Allies Global 1942 setup.  The turn order proceeds in this manner:

Soviet Union
    Germany
    United States
    Japan
    United Kingdom
    Italy
    China
    ANZAC

This turn order gives the Soviet Union, United States, and United Kingdom the initiative against their rivals.

• Makes sense.
    Japan is too strong (as usual), so getting hit first by the US, ought to help balance that.

• If using some other house rules, Vichy and Italian Co-Belligerent Army, suggest turn seq is…

Vichy, GE, RU, FR, UK-Eur, ICBA, IT, US-Eur, AN, UK-Pac, JA, CH, US-Pac

• @HeinzGuderian:

For those who are interested in a different turn order check out my Axis & Allies Global 1942 setup.  The turn order proceeds in this manner:

Soviet Union
    Germany
    United States
    Japan
    United Kingdom
    Italy
    China
    ANZAC

This turn order gives the Soviet Union, United States, and United Kingdom the initiative against their rivals.

Would be interesting in 1940 to have the turn order changed to:

Russia
    Germany
    Japan
    US
    China
    UK
    Italy
    Anzac
    France

This would really help out the huge issue of Italy being able to can open for Germany, and Germany just having way to many units for Russia to ever counter attack. Would lead to a lot more possibilities for the allies with Russia being stronger.

• '19 '17 '16

This change would be very easy to make in the xml too.

• '19 '17 '16

Tends to reduce incentive for a g1 Dow though.

• For 6 player games (3 allied players and 3 axis), I was thinking of actually switching the Italy and Japan player turns.  Giving Italy the initiative in the Med will make them much more interesting to play, and prevent a J1 attack.  It will probably shift the US’ focus more towards the Atlantic and allow UK Pac/ANZAC to be more impactful instead.

• @ShadowHAwk:

the can opener from italy is nice but how much cans can they open with less then 10 income.

Enough to break the game in my plan :D

Italy takes Bulgaria, and moves with the germans on the East front. With the few mechs and tanks, they will be able to kill a 10 unit stack by I5/6. So if The axis makes it to rostow, USSR has to retreat back to moscow because of the canopener.

• It actually is a big difference. I need about 80% of the forces needed to get USSR off bryansk when I use the canopener.

• @ShadowHAwk:

@ComradeRed1308:

For 6 player games (3 allied players and 3 axis), I was thinking of actually switching the Italy and Japan player turns.  Giving Italy the initiative in the Med will make them much more interesting to play, and prevent a J1 attack.  It will probably shift the US’ focus more towards the Atlantic and allow UK Pac/ANZAC to be more impactful instead.

It does change the dynamic of the game and might even balance the game more as well.

It makes japan somewhat weaker.

Maby not switching italy and japan only but change the turn order more drasticaly.

Ger-Rus-Italy-UK-Japan-US-china-anzac- (france )  Otherwise i fear that US will be to strong to handle for japan with both UK and US beefed up.

This is effectively a bid of around 20ipcs for the pacific allies ( maby even more )

This helps with the Italy can opener problem, but now Italy is way to strong in the med. Italy going before UK would be disastrous for game balance. I don’t know how the allies could recover from UK loosing everything to Italy before they even get to move… UK going before Japan is really huge for the allies in the pacific, and will make taking India much much harder for Japan, but again will Europe be able to hold on with Italy being a massive powerhouse?

• '19 '17 '16

@ShadowHAwk:

Basicaly you are giving russia a bid of 37 with unlimited placement and reorganisation ability.

Yeah. You’d need to thin down the Russian troops, particularly on the border otherwise this is going way too far.

• The way I read it ShadowHAwk was that China went after Japan in the turn order you described. UK going before Japan is huge for the allies in the pacific, and would make japans life a lot harder, but UK’s fleet would be toast in the Med and Egypt would be guaranteed to fall every game if Italy went before UK, and I don’t know how the allies could come back from that…

The more I think about it I would have Russia go before Germany, and change Russia being able to declare war till turn 5. I’d also move the Italian BB to SZ 95 and maybe add a Destroyer to 97?

Because you are right if Russia got to go first that extra 37 in income plus Italy not being able to can open could possibly be back breaking for the Axis in Europe. That is why making Italy a little stronger by keeping the BB would help with the Africa situation. Not sure though. I just can’t stand how weak Russia is and the fact that they don’t seem to have any options open to them other than stack in Moscow because Italy can can open so easily, and that trying to hold Leningrad means you have to have 30+ units there the turn Germany attacks seems stupid to me. What do you guys think?

• @simon33:

How long do you have to wait for the map creator to allow you to test your changes after you have made them? I changed the XML in GitHub, but is there a way I can play with the turn order changes myself somehow?

• '19 '17 '16

@theROCmonster:

@simon33:

How long do you have to wait for the map creator to allow you to test your changes after you have made them? I changed the XML in GitHub, but is there a way I can play with the turn order changes myself somehow?

Steady on. You only put it there an hour ago.

Yes, you can can make the changes to your local computer, similarly to the way we did to play BM in 1.809. Two paths basically:

1. Unzip the world_war_ii_global-master.zip to your downloadedMaps directory, edit or add an XML in the “World War II Global/maps/games” directory
    2. use git clone of the world_war_ii_global repository into your downloadedMaps directory (or wherever you have set it to).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m