Name Change opinion poll for FMGCon

• The Field Marshal Gaming Convention (FMGCon) has evolved dramatically over the years from a small group of weekend warriors playing Axis and Allies to a fully independent, weekend of open tabletop gaming that has grown year after year (as many as 90 people per day!) and boasts a decent sized, 160+ game lending library. We have become a family friendly event that hosts games of all kinds.

Through the years the convention has detached itself from direct involvement by any one company and has become an independent committee led, non-profit venture.
    Our primary goal is to continue to grow the convention, but not too much (we want it to be “cozy and manageable” for the foreseeable future) and to ensure we have enough funds to pay for a venue for the following year.

As part of the evolution we are now looking at a (long overdue) name change! The committee came up with a list of over 20 names. Out of these we have pared it down to 5. We’re seeking the public’s input on the next step.

Please, if you would be so kind, we would appreciate you taking a moment to select on of the names in this poll: https://poll.fbapp.io/fmgcon-name-change

Thank you! Power to the Meeple!

• '17 '16

What, no IWNGUCon option?

• @Wolfshanze:

What, no IWNGUCon option?

IF we change the name it will not be tied to any company name. It stands on its own; as it should be, since it’s already it’s own entity and FMG has absolutely nothing to do with it any more.

Plus you know … I Will Never Grow Up Gaming Convention is too much of a mouthful. lol.

• @IWillNeverGrowUp:

Plus you know … I Will Never Grow Up Gaming Convention is too much of a mouthful. lol.

There are probably ways to get around the problem.  “I Will Never Grow Up Gaming Convention” could be the full-length official name, and its handy compressed form could be something like NoGrowUpCon.  :-D

• @CWO:

@IWillNeverGrowUp:

There are probably ways to get around the problem.  “I Will Never Grow Up Gaming Convention” could be the full-length official name, and its handy compressed form could be something like NoGrowUpCon.   :-D

Can’t say I like that option either. lol.

For now we’re not changing it. It’s been FMGCon for 7 years. Until we come up with something we really like, it’ll remain (and when we do come up with something new it will be announced AT the convention so people know ahead of time).

• Grow Up Gaming Convention sounds ok?

GGC

• '18 '17 '16

I would prefer “Never Grow Up Gaming Convention” or NGUGC.

That’s a little shorter than IWNGUGAPWYCGWAIPC Con. or “I Will Never Grow Up Gaming And Place Where You Can Get Wicked-A$$ Industrial Production Chips Convention”

• Lol.

Again, I’ll state for the record … it will not be named with our company name in any way, shape or form. This convention is a separate entity (completely separate financials, a committee that is voted in and open to new members, a volunteer force (as small as it is) to help out, etc) and we don’t want to muddy the waters in any way.

We do have a list of potential names well beyond what’s in that poll linked above. It’s tough to find a catchy (and good!) name that isn’t taken though.

• A thought so far…

OntariogamesCon TDotCon Eh!Con Tanks&GamesCon CanadianGamesCon OshawaCaCon LoveboardgamesCon

BH

• '21 '20 '18 '17

can it be CanCon? Or CanaCon?  Both are awesome.

Canada has more gamers than any other Northern Hemisphere former commonwealth nation!  Build it and they will come!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m