• '17 '16 Customizer

Its actually a hard piece (naval), I don’t know what it is, but I cant seem to get it…. I think its the lack of an idea for it lol… got the train station on the first try, literally took less the 5 min to make the 3d model, and im happy with it 100%.

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

I love the idea of 3d pieces to replace the cardboard tokens. I like your airfield, naval base (first design with two docks) and major factor. I’m okay with the minor factory although to me the dimensions don’t really work when you remove one ‘roof triangle’.

Your second option for the naval base (the crane) got me confused. It seems not to resemble what you want to depict in the first place. Might be just me.

• '17 '16 Customizer

@Tjoek:

I love the idea of 3d pieces to replace the cardboard tokens. I like your airfield, naval base (first design with two docks) and major factor. I’m okay with the minor factory although to me the dimensions don’t really work when you remove one ‘roof triangle’.

Your second option for the naval base (the crane) got me confused. It seems not to resemble what you want to depict in the first place. Might be just me.

when you play AAA online, the naval base is a crane, why I was toying with it. Looking at era naval bases, its just a grip of docks… I thought maybe a crane thing would make it easier to grab. I don’t quit things till Im happy, so well get it :)

Im actually going to see about molds tomorrow. They want me to take some classes, but I found someone there who will do it for me for 50 bucks + plus material (super small mold). That’s cheaper then the classes I would have to take.

• @Tjoek:

I agree with Tjoek.

Perhaps for the Minor IC use a simple peaked roof instead of the double triangle? That might solve proportion issues and quick recognition.

The naval base, IMO, looked better without the crane as well. 2 or 3 docks would look better to me vs the single dock and crane (which I honestly think would break and/or not be able to be pulled from a mold very easily/cleanly).

Looking good though! I like the creativity and work being put into these.

• '17 '16 Customizer

Thanks for the feedback guys, im on it, would like to wrap this up today, so we can start tooling

• '17 '16 Customizer

I agree changing the roof on one, makes it easier to distinguish. Went back to old dock style, and added track rails on the station (im sure the station is just pretty much for me lol). This is the first time im happy with all of them.

Hopefully we can move on and get some tooling done :P

Im happy to take more crit, crit is what gives us better ideas! … but if you have something to say, say it soon, would like to get this rolling.

Thanks for all your input, they have gotten better imo.

• Looks great to me!

• '20 '19 '18 Customizer

That’s impressive! Your minor factory looks like a real factory now. I would consider to do a complete redesign of the major factory as well. This now looks a bit more like a ‘toy’ compared to the other more realistic models.

• @Tjoek:

That’s impressive! Your minor factory looks like a real factory now. I would consider to do a complete redesign of the major factory as well. This now looks a bit more like a ‘toy’ compared to the other more realistic models.

A lot of larger factories, especially in Europe, in the 30’s and 40’s had those peaked roofs with windows in them to let the light in. That’s why they were designed that way in the first place for the original A&A and have carried on through.

I say keep it for that reason alone.

• '17 '16 Customizer

Im starting the CAD file now, so hopefully this time next week we are ready to tool, then after that, its BAM… Facilities galore :P

• I couldnt find your pieces on iwngu. How did the final ones come out? Im interested in getting a set of naval and air facilities if its doable.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m