• Sponsor

Ok, so they only move the base and all units on the base stay in the old system (makes sense). Not saying that in our game the base was moved… but knowing that those units are abandoned really helps.

Next question…

With the rebels “Regional Support” objective card that reads “Play if all populous systems in 1 region have Rebel loyalty”… what if one of those systems is where the rebel base is?, would he not be revealing the rebel base if he plays it to gain a reputation?

• The Rebel Base does NOT count as a system.  Thus if the Rebel Base was on Naboo (for example), the planet on the map would need Rebel loyalty to complete that objective.

• '22 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

As the Empire it’s a good idea to cover all corners of the board in the event of a relocated base. Plus one hedge against relocated base is to leave a Star Destroyer and AT-AT on the build queue to have them ready to slam the new base once you narrow it down.

• Sponsor

@ChromiumAgeCollector:

The Rebel Base does NOT count as a system.  Thus if the Rebel Base was on Naboo (for example), the planet on the map would need Rebel loyalty to complete that objective.

So let me lay out a scenario and please tell me if anything is incorrect… The base is in Naboo, there are 9 units in the rebel base space, and the rebel player needs loyalty on Naboo to achieve the Regional Support objective. Therefore, the rebel player transports a ground unit onto Naboo to make it loyal and in turn, keeping the rebel base secret while completing their objective. However, if the Empire attacks Naboo next turn… will the Rebel player use base units as well as the transported unit in the system as defence, or does the Emipre need to first attack and subjugate the system before the rebels are forced to reveal that Naboo is in fact where the base is.

Thanks for all the clarifications.

Once the base is revealed through Imperial loyalty or a ground assault, all units in the Rebel base space are immediately sent to the system space. Note the Rebel player can voluntarily reveal the base at the beginning of the command phase.

• Sponsor

@General:

Once the base is revealed through Imperial loyalty or a ground assault, all units in the Rebel base space are immediately sent to the system space. Note the Rebel player can voluntarily reveal the base at the beginning of the command phase.

Great, thanks GV.

You’re welcome YG, I’m glad you’re enjoying the game.

I think the principal reason for revealing the base is to protect against the Death Star from stumbling in and blowing up the system without revealing the base and fighter defenses there.

• I have tipped my hat to my opponent where the Rebel Base was because I needed to gang up on a Star Destroyer that was in an adjacent system and there were 2 Mon Cals at the Rebel Base.  So I moved them from the Rebel Base space to the Star Destroyer and opened up a can!  Next turn I had to jump bases…

• Sponsor

@ChromiumAgeCollector:

I have tipped my hat to my opponent where the Rebel Base was because I needed to gang up on a Star Destroyer that was in an adjacent system and there were 2 Mon Cals at the Rebel Base.  So I moved them from the Rebel Base space to the Star Destroyer and opened up a can!  Next turn I had to jump bases…

So no card required?… just reveal the base with all it’s units, activate the adjacent system where the Imperial units are, and hit it all in one turn?

• No cards required.  You don’t technically reveal the base.  If the Rebel base is on Naboo (for example), you can move ships from the Rebel Base space to a system adjacent to Naboo with an activation.  But it pretty much tells your opponent where the base is.

• Sponsor

@ChromiumAgeCollector:

No cards required.  You don’t technically reveal the base.  If the Rebel base is on Naboo (for example), you can move ships from the Rebel Base space to a system adjacent to Naboo with an activation.  But it pretty much tells your opponent where the base is.

so than can’t a unit on the base claim the system it’s on to gain loyalty in that system, and in turn pretty much telling my opponent where the base is?

• That they can’t do.  I would think of it like this.  The Rebel Base space represents like a continent on the planet.  That continent may be Rebel Loyal, but the planet is a whole may or may not be.

• Sponsor

@ChromiumAgeCollector:

That they can’t do.  I would think of it like this.  The Rebel Base space represents like a continent on the planet.  That continent may be Rebel Loyal, but the planet is a whole may or may not be.

Ok, so they can reveal to attack, but not to gain loyalty (a transported unit from another system is required for that).

Cheers.

• No, the base does NOT have to be revealed to move a unit from it to its corresponding system or a system adjacent to the planet that contains the rebel base.

Revealing the base does NOT automatically give its corresponding system Rebel loyalty.  Moreover, Rebels do NOT have an equivalent of Subjugation.  So simply landing a Rebel Trooper on a planet will NOT give it Rebel loyalty.  You will have to use a mission card to give a system Rebel loyalty.

• Sponsor

@ChromiumAgeCollector:

No, the base does NOT have to be revealed to move a unit from it to its corresponding system or a system adjacent to the planet that contains the rebel base.

Revealing the base does NOT automatically give its corresponding system Rebel loyalty.  Moreover, Rebels do NOT have an equivalent of Subjugation.  So simply landing a Rebel Trooper on a planet will NOT give it Rebel loyalty.  You will have to use a mission card to give a system Rebel loyalty.

WOW! sounds like we were playing that all wrong… so the only way a system can become loyal to the rebellion is with mission cards?.. we we’re jumping on them and laying down rebel loyalty markers like the Axis & Allies monkeys we are.

Heh, that is an assumption a lot of first timers have. At the very least, having Rebel units on a system makes Build Alliance a near-lock with Mon Mothma thanks to  the +2 dice bonus.

• Sponsor

@General:

Heh, that is an assumption a lot of first timers have. At the very least, having Rebel units on a system makes Build Alliance a near-lock with Mon Mothma thanks to  the +2 dice bonus.

True, makes sense now… maybe I should learn all the rules before inserting house rules to create balance (lol).

• I actually do like your house rule for finding the rebel base.  If there is an imbalance in the game, it does slightly favor Rebels in my opinion.

• To clarify, just 1 rep point each time the base is found.  The linear progression would dramatically favor the empire.

• Sponsor

@ChromiumAgeCollector:

To clarify, just 1 rep point each time the base is found.  The linear progression would dramatically favor the empire.

Actually… -1 reputation each time the Rebel base is moved (no linear progression)… a slight difference from what you said.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m