Looking for some new Germany strats

• I’ve always had the most fun with Germany by hitting Russia on G1 or going full Sealion. I even skipped France once and blitzed the UK. Softened Paris with ground troops and left the conquest for Italy while using full Luftwaffe against England. Ultimately lost that because Russia was neglected too long while I built Festung Europa.

If Japan pressed Russia and Italy did a better job in the Med, I would have won.

• Your are looking for a new German Strategy CD87?
    Play a Balanced Mode game.
    :-D

• mine best working german/italian

italy declares war in round 2
    and attacks to with the 2 tanks and a plane

next turn germany (who build a big factory in Romania)
    attackt with every ting heś got next to the border  go for caucasus

even Finland should have additional troops with 1 AT

us Italy to clear the path of small forces (like 1 infantry)

happy hunting

• Operation Failure:

Turn one take France and build navy.
    Turn two go to Iceland.
    Turn three go to Canada.
    Turn four invade U.S.A.

Guarantee you 99.99% odds

After this there is Operation World Menace in which you attack the neutrals and Operation Latino in which you invade South America.

• On a serious note, here is one peculiar strategy that has helped me (it doesn’t give you the win) as Germany several times. 
    Turn 1 build carrier and 2 transports. Do the standard of hitting France and UK sea units. Italy takes Tunisia
    Turn 2 threaten sea lioj with more transports then go to SZ 91 with carrier two planes two cruisers and three loaded transports you already had and take Gibraltar and Morocco.  Let’s hope Italy can get Algeria and Alexandria for a total of ten NO IPCs for Italy.  Note that going to Gibraltar is the trickiest thing here.  You have to be able to hold on which will depend every game.  If Japan did not attack the US and is not going to this turn you are good.  Make sure the UK can’t get your boats either.  If the U.S. is not building enough units on the East or you are playing Europe only, this should be pretty easy otherwise chances of doing this are small.
    Turn 3 Surprise! Go to SZ 82 and take the Africa territories in range of amphibious assault being careful you can make them survive.
    Turn 4 this is the real deal. Take South Africa.  With the UK spending against Sea lion earlier, the only units in South Africa should be the three they bought last turn if they saw this coming.  If they have any more units coming from the north, you’re sunk and shouldn’t have gone to French Africa.  (If once you are at Gibraltar and see that the UK can easily stop you,just go in the Med and help Italy. )  So why take South Africa? It will cripple the UK especially after the Sea Lion threat.  You can build three units a turn here until the U.S. comes which is great because they have to go three turns and two turns back just to get South Africa for the UK. 
    It only works under certain conditions and if your opponent knows it is coming, he may have a chance to stop it.

• '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

There’s a lot of money in sub-Saharan Africa. Losing South Africa and its MIC usually means that the UK has lost Africa, which reduces pressure on Germany because of lost UK income, which in turn demands a greater US committment to Europe and thus frees up pressure on Japan. Of course, you also spent a lot of money not hitting Russia, which increases pressure on Germany and lessens pressure on Russia…

If Japan also kills India, any UK factory in Egypt or the Middle East is simply doomed but the Allies can still win because Germany should be in a bad way by the time it gets hold of all of Africa.

Marsh

• I am starting to almost always threaten sea lion right off the bat.  It really helps Italy. Then I send my transports against Russia and some times get a few to South Africa and taking Moscow is generally easy with very little pressure on the West.

• Well this worked for me, but might not always work… Turn one buy warships with all money, place them in Baltic sea, attack all UK fleet with current fleet and all air force, take France and western France but don’t go after Soviet Union…Yet… turn 2 secure Atlantic with more warships and some transports, start attacking UK with air force, still no Barbarossa, turn 3 transport build in channel prepare for invasion of UK, STILL DON’T GO AFTER RUSSIA, Turn 4 take England, Invade USSR. Italy now can win Africa and Med because UK can no longer build anything, you can now focus 100% on Barbarossa for 2 turns until US tries to stop you, crush their navy with German and Italian Armada, continue to focus on Russia, You are now unstoppable… or at least I was…

• @Charles:

On a serious note, here is one peculiar strategy that has helped me (it doesn’t give you the win) as Germany several times. 
    Turn 1 build carrier and 2 transports. Do the standard of hitting France and UK sea units. Italy takes Tunisia
    Turn 2 threaten sea lioj with more transports then go to SZ 91 with carrier two planes two cruisers and three loaded transports you already had and take Gibraltar and Morocco.  Let’s hope Italy can get Algeria and Alexandria for a total of ten NO IPCs for Italy.  Note that going to Gibraltar is the trickiest thing here.  You have to be able to hold on which will depend every game.  If Japan did not attack the US and is not going to this turn you are good.  Make sure the UK can’t get your boats either.  If the U.S. is not building enough units on the East or you are playing Europe only, this should be pretty easy otherwise chances of doing this are small.
    Turn 3 Surprise! Go to SZ 82 and take the Africa territories in range of amphibious assault being careful you can make them survive.
    Turn 4 this is the real deal. Take South Africa.  With the UK spending against Sea lion earlier, the only units in South Africa should be the three they bought last turn if they saw this coming.  If they have any more units coming from the north, you’re sunk and shouldn’t have gone to French Africa.  (If once you are at Gibraltar and see that the UK can easily stop you,just go in the Med and help Italy. )  So why take South Africa? It will cripple the UK especially after the Sea Lion threat.  You can build three units a turn here until the U.S. comes which is great because they have to go three turns and two turns back just to get South Africa for the UK. 
    It only works under certain conditions and if your opponent knows it is coming, he may have a chance to stop it.

Depening on the board, the fun thing you can try in this strat, it is to take washington. If you did build 7-8 TTs on G2 to threathen the sealion, and you see that US isnt really stacking Washington, you can instead move your TTs to 92, have italy can-open any us/uk blocker, and then land on washington on G4.

So the allies will have to defend against Washington, london and S-Africa on G1,G2 and G3. That will make sure you get at least one of them.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

Even better, once your fleet stages to 92, if the US is at war, they have no choice but to prepare to be attacked.  That isn’t necessarily a good direction to go for the Axis (bc they can kill your fleet pretty easily if you invade from that direction), but it forces the US to place at least something there to stop you, and this is especially good if they did the heavy Pacific buys on US 1 and 2 because they may have as little as one combat ship, one transport, and a few men defending Washington.  They are hiding behind that peace–however the only way you could actually deceive them might be if Germany was not at war on G3, but Japan then declared war on J3.    Nonetheless, any competent player would still recognize the threat of being at war in the atlantic though the US is often not prepared for the Atlantic side of the war to begin.

Like the Sealowe thing, its better to threaten it then it is to actually try and execute this plan because the Allies still have to prepare for anything that you could potentially do, whether you have the odds to do it or not.

As a side note, I think it is really interesting that at the early war conferences, the US agreed with UK USSR that the Germans were the greater threat, and all agreed in principle that they would focus the majority of their economic power against the European Axis first.  But, post war analysis has shown that (probably because of the difficulty of attacking occupied Europe without overwhelming force, but also possibly tending to kill the weaker dragon first/getting revenge) the large majority of the US effort up until Normandy was actually directed at Japan.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m