• Any suggestions for unbending bent ships?

My worst are my two USS Fletchers (look like less exaggerated n’s)  and  two HMS Truculents (look a lot like u’s)

• Minor bends seem to come out just by working them with my warm hands.  I expect hot water will soften the tougher bends.  In general I don’t think I’ve many I would consider to be badly bent.

• @Audacity:

Minor bends seem to come out just by working them with my warm hands.  I expect hot water will soften the tougher bends.  In general I don’t think I’ve many I would consider to be badly bent.

I’ve only had two units very badly bent, and the hot water treatment fixed them.

• Great! I’ll give it a try - thanks!

• My Japanese destroyers belong to the imfomus banana fleet… I entend to sink it with some hot water!

• @dictator_wanna_be:

My Japanese destroyers belong to the imfomus banana fleet… I entend to sink it with some hot water!

Oddly my Yukikaze did the same.

• Mine too (both of them). I’m sure it didn’t help that the molded plastic pre-form it came in was also bent.

I soaked one for a few minutes in hot watter then twisty-locked it to a piece of flat aluminium for 24 hours and that mostly straightened it out. It sill only seems to touch a flat table in 2 places, though….

• @polywog:

Mine too (both of them). I’m sure it didn’t help that the molded plastic pre-form it came in was also bent…

Yes my packaging was messed up on them too… wounder if it was a big manufacturing error for all japanese destoyers? Once I have some time (like in 2 weeks with skool out) I will have time to attempt to repair them!

• You might also sand the bottoms flat with some 240 grit sand paper, though this is something I have not tried!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m