• 2007 AAR League

Im sure this has been discussed and resolved a million times over, and as far as I know it is true, but I would like a clarification for a game I am in.
    In order to use the suez canal, you must have control of both sides (EGY and TRJ) at the beginning of your turn.
    Is this true?
    Thanks
    Mateo

• 2007 AAR League

Yes that is true

• Yep, that is correct.  control of both Egypt and T-J at the begining of your turns by the alliance that is going to use it.

So Germany can hold Egypt, and Japan can control T-J, and then both Japan and Germany can use it.

• @mateooo:

Im sure this has been discussed and resolved a million times over, and as far as I know it is true, but I would like a clarification for a game I am in.
    In order to use the suez canal, you must have control of both sides (EGY and TRJ) at the beginning of your turn.
    Is this true?
    Thanks
    Mateo

Right, right.  Since the BEGINNING of your turn, so if you take control of one of those territories from an enemy power during combat, you cannot move through it durning noncombat.

If you are playing the Axis and Allies Drinking Game, you must also hum a tune that another player on your team must identify, while drinking either a beer or a shot (depending on the version of the game you’re playing).  This happens while you are physically moving the units from one side of the Suez Canal to the other.

• @newpaintbrush:

@mateooo:

Is this true?
    Thanks
    Mateo

Right, right.  Since the BEGINNING of your turn, so if you take control of one of those territories from an enemy power during combat, you cannot move through it durning noncombat.

If you are playing the Axis and Allies Drinking Game, you must also hum a tune that another player on your team must identify, while drinking either a beer or a shot (depending on the version of the game you’re playing).  This happens while you are physically moving the units from one side of the Suez Canal to the other.

So how does humming a tune help while crossing the canal, bird man? Do you plan to walk across using your 8th and 16th notes as a land bridge?

• @General_D.Fox:

@newpaintbrush:

@mateooo:

Is this true?
    Thanks
    Mateo

So how does humming a tune help while crossing the canal, bird man? Do you plan to walk across using your 8th and 16th notes as a land bridge?

Most of the territory you are marching through (barring the canal) is desert.  Therefore, it will be parched.  Therefore, singing and whistling will waste moisture.  Since soldiers need something to do while they’re marching, and they might as well do something as long as they have those nice percussion instruments (boots on the ground), they should hum.  That is how humming helps you cross a canal.  It passes the time.

Writing, editing, and adding to the rules for the drinking game is what the fat bastards with all the stars do while they’re riding in the jeeps watching you poor schmoes do your “exercise”.  You don’t think we became generals just because we got Purple Hearts, do ya?

Besides, we’re technically working when we’re doing it.  I think the unofficial designation is something like “Practicing for justifying budget expenditure”; it’s how the military justifies those billion dollar military budgets.  The OFFICIAL designation, of course, is something like “Filling out paperwork for determinance of optimal cost-effectiveness free-form tactical maneuvers”, which looks damn good on those stupid papers we have to send in, and has the added bonus of making anyone that reads it fall asleep by the time they finish the sentence, so they never CAN track down all those expenditures anyways, which is precisely the point.

I’m not really a general, you know.  Unless it’s “general-ly looking at girls”

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m