• My new campaign begins tonight with the assignment of strategic forces. There’s an outside possibility we could use another strategic commander (no guarantees though). For details see here: http://boards.avalonhill.com/showthread.php?t=18427

• The campaign has begun, with forces split between the Axis & Allies. Being a neutral participant I’ve heard both battle plans, and it should prove to be very very interesting and I’m fairly sure combat will occur on the first turn. Both forces see the main road connecting the two sides as key, but are taking very different approaches to it. Today I should have all the move orders in, so hopefully by tomorrow I’ll have something to show.

• Can’t wait for the battle reports!!!

• DL,

I guess this game is on going now.  Did you find the number of players you need?  Where in Ontario are you?

Have a great game!

• The game has yet to start, due to various delays….

• After a few initial problems the campaign has now begun.

There are three battles already, though most of them fairly lopsided:
    L8 GE Recon Section vs 2x UK Stuart Troop and a UK Carrier Platoon (6:1 Odds for the Allies)
    T9 GE Recon Platoon vs UK Matilda Troop and 2x AU Rifle Platoons (2:1 Odds for the Allies)
    V8 GE Panzer II Platoon vs UK Recon Troop (1:1 Odds, though tactical favours the Axis)

The Allies have made a huge push across the desert, but unfortunately many of their units were spotted by advanced Axis units. However a few did manage to slip by unnoticed. On the Eastern Side on my map (showing lines of movement) it almost looks as if that UK Recon Troop swerved to intercept the Panzer II Platoon.

The Axis were expecting heavy resistance along the road, and were astonished when they had no contacts at all.

Now that the Battle & Contact reports are out, the aircraft are being assigned. The Germans seem to want to send have to support the 1:2 battle against the Matildas/Australians, and the rest to scout. I’m not sure if the Allies have decided yet.

• German forces have been defeated in all three battles, details here: http://boards.avalonhill.com/showpost.php?p=251640&postcount=14

However when you stop to consider they were only small recon forces, the amount of damage they did to far superior Allied units is pretty good. However losing half of the Luftwaffe on the first turn is not so good.

• Excellent!  Are you able to post pictures of these battles like you have done on some of your other epics.  I especially liked the pics from Kursk.

• @Audacity:

Excellent!  Are you able to post pictures of these battles like you have done on some of your other epics.  I especially liked the pics from Kursk.

I didn’t think of it for the first turn, but will definately do so for future ones. They aren’t nearly as epic as Kursk though ;)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m