• Now, I have searched this so don’t get mad. It’s just that even the search results seem to be giving me conflicting results. So here’s my prob:
      As far as I can tell from the rules (there’s a full page example laying it all out) All hits within one simultaneous attack phase are stacked, even from multiple attackers. Tank A has a defence of 5. Tank B attacks A and rolls 5 successes, matching Tank A’s defence and scores ONE HIT. Same phase, Tank C comes in and rolls 6 successes against Tank A, scoring TWO HITS. These attacks combined, as I read the rules, says Tank A has received 3 total hits and is destroyed.
    Maybe I’m preaching to the choir here but, there seems to be alot of confusion surrounding this, I’d appreciate it if someone could help cement this for me. Thanks.

• rubber baby buggy bumpers……

• @Hefe:

Now, I have searched this so don’t get mad. It’s just that even the search results seem to be giving me conflicting results. So here’s my prob:
      As far as I can tell from the rules (there’s a full page example laying it all out) All hits within one simultaneous attack phase are stacked, even from multiple attackers. Tank A has a defence of 5. Tank B attacks A and rolls 5 successes, matching Tank A’s defence and scores ONE HIT. Same phase, Tank C comes in and rolls 6 successes against Tank A, scoring TWO HITS. These attacks combined, as I read the rules, says Tank A has received 3 total hits and is destroyed.
    Maybe I’m preaching to the choir here but, there seems to be alot of confusion surrounding this, I’d appreciate it if someone could help cement this for me. Thanks.

That’s correct.

Combat is simultaneous, but since you do one unit at a time (it would be far too confusing to do otherwise) it’s only nearly simultaneous. The number of hits taken stacks, so Tank B in your example would cause Tank A to receive one hit (face-down disrupted), and Tank C would give it two more hits. Since it already has a hit this turn, the next two are damage and destroyed counters (again, both face-down).

• Thanks……so If that’s the case how does a person deal with Superior Armour 2? It looks like a person needs to beat another units defence by 2 in order to register 2 hits, when normally it would have been three. So what does one need to roll to score just one hit?

• @Hefe:

Thanks……so If that’s the case how does a person deal with Superior Armour 2? It looks like a person needs to beat another units defence by 2 in order to register 2 hits, when normally it would have been three. So what does one need to roll to score just one hit?

Normally you only need to beat the defence by 1 to score two hits, not 3.

Superior Armour 2 means you need to beat it by 2 instead of just 1 to score 2 hits.
    It has no effect on multiple attacks only scoring one hit each, nor does it effect a single attack scoring three hits.

Two T-34/75s (Defence 5/5, Superior Armour 2) is up against some Hetzers. We’ll assume the T-34/75 is unharmed at this point.

1. The first Hetzer rolls an attack and gets 6 successes on the first T-34. Normally this would cause two hits to a defence 5/5 unit, but because the T/34 has superior armour is doesn’t - the Hetzer needed to roll 7 successes. So the T-34/75 gets a face-down disrutped counter.

2. The second hetzer only rolls 5 successes, which causes another hit. The T-34 then gets a face-down damaged counter. If it had rolled 7 or more successes it would have beaten the superior armour and given two hits; destroying the T-34.

3. The third hetzer attacks the second T-34 and rolls 10 successes; this is double the defence of the T-34 so it receives 3 hits which will destroy it.

Hope that clears it all up.

• Face-down, as DL put it, refers to the fact that those counters have not yet officially been “inflicted”.  During the casualty phase is when you turn any counters over, and in the case of a now face-up destroyed counter, you would also remove the destroyed unit from play.

• @AgentOrange:

Face-down, as DL put it, refers to the fact that those counters have not yet officially been “inflicted”.  During the casualty phase is when you turn any counters over, and in the case of a now face-up destroyed counter, you would also remove the destroyed unit from play.

Correct. Although many players will call the unit ‘destroyed’ it’s still around until the casualty phase. You’ll find many also call successes hits, which can lead to confusion over how many hits are scored on a unit.

• Yup, Thanks guys. This is pretty major stuff, so I wanna make sure I got it right.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m