• Hello.

Is it allowed for USA to unload for example 2 inf i england in sz6, and then in the same turn pick the two inf with another transporter placed in sz3, and then again in the same turn, unload them in norway?

This means that the two inf, will travel from USA to Norway in one turn.

• No.  :-)

• 2007 AAR League

Agree with Sankt.

Once any unit is unloaded from a transport, it cannot be moved any more that turn.

• thats correct. and bridging is only possible to friendly territories and not under invasions.

• and bridging is only possible to friendly territories and not under invasions.

That is incorrect.  “Bridging” is not a different thing than transporting land units normally - the only difference is that the transport does not move to a new sea zone.  You can “bridge” units into a hostile territory as an amphibious assault.

Imagine a German transport In the Baltic sea.  It can transport (“bridge”) units from Germany to Karelia (assuming Karelia is Allied-controlled) as an amphibious assault.

~Josh

• Both of you are correct.

You can move units through a TRN without the TRN moving.  It jsut is not called “bridging” in that case.

• if you load 2 of your units from norway to your transport in sz5. then you make a combat move and attack and take eastern Europe.( successfully) can you load 2 inf onto the  same trans on you noncombat? IF so where can you move these infantry. can you A. move them to karelia a friendly territory or could you also B. land them in eastern Europe which you just toke this turn. IF NOT if the infantry that make the combat movement were loaded last turn onto your tanspart could you do a or b? thats allot of possibilities.

• No you cannot, the TRN was “used” in Combat mvoement, and thus cannot also make a non-combat movement (the act of loading/unloading)

• Bridging under what i know has only been the idea of DISEMBARKING 2 different units in two different territories adjacent from the SAME sea zone. It is only allowed in NCM.

• @Imperious:

Bridging under what i know has only been the idea of DISEMBARKING 2 different units in two different territories adjacent from the SAME sea zone. It is only allowed in NCM.

Actually you can’t do that at any time in Revised, except with Ligning Assaults NA as Japan.

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

I never understood why we needed the term bridging.  All it does is confuse people.

Bridging is just using a transport like you normally would except it doesn’t move anyway.  Whoopy.  It’s the same as saying you load 2 infantry on to a transport, the transport moves zero sea zones and unloads the infantry into combat/onto friendly territory.

• 2007 AAR League

bridging in “enhanced”  you can for instance take 4 inf from S. europe to africa as long as you dont move the transport.  you just get to use it twice.  its great for the allies around england and great for the axis.

• @Jennifer:

I never understood why we needed the term bridging.  All it does is confuse people.

Bridging is just using a transport like you normally would except it doesn’t move anyway.  Whoopy.  It’s the same as saying you load 2 infantry on to a transport, the transport moves zero sea zones and unloads the infantry into combat/onto friendly territory.

Exaaaactly.

~Josh

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m