• hey anyone have any strategies for axis and allies pacific.

• Japan attacks with just about every piece it has on the first turn, due to the rolling advantage it enjoys. Japan must at least destroy the two american battleships, the british malayan battleship, the american phillipine fleet, and as many allied fighters as possible.

Japan is well served to remember its destroyers can move one infantry. I generally try to take both midway and new britain on the first turn, both of which are anchor ports. Thus I generally hold back the japanese battleship off the mainland from any battles first turn so I can move it to midway or new britain, whichever seems appropriate. Yes, you can take advantage of the anchor ports during non-combat movement on the same turn the ports are taken in combat. Japan is also well served to set up a shuttle system of transports to and from the homeland and the malayan anchor port, which allows dropoffs to either FIC or siam.

the allies strategies depend on how the first turn comes out and what japan is doing, but I generally buy the australians a carrier, the indians a bunch of men (maybe a tank or two if the japs suffer badly down around there first turn) and the americans load up on subs and bombers early, slowly build the invasion force.

that’s the great thing about AAP, though, you can’t really devise a sure-thing-every-time strategy because the game can be very different every time.

• As Japan it is important to get as many IPCs they can per turn. I recommend taking as many of the valuable Dutch East Indies as possible while staying away from Celebes. This is becuase the British can bring most of their naval forces to bear on any ships you may have around these islands. Taking out the American fleet at Hawaii and the British Battleship near Maylay is important also. I do not recommend taking Midway yet as the remaining American fleet and airforce can probably take out any fleet you can assemble there. Ignore China for the most part; it is worthless and will only bog you down. Consolidated you forces in southeast asia quickly and move you airforce into the Pacific (the Caroline islands are a good spot) to back up you fleet. Destroy the British fleet before it has time to consolidate and become a formidible fighting force. That’s pretty much all I’ve figured out so far, hope it helps.

• I agree with the second post, except that if you do commit troops to midway and take it, then whatever ships are left there are probably safe. If you fail to take it, however….

• good to know you agree with yourself admiral.

• The trick to JApan is too pressure both Australia and India, while not actually commiting to taking them. Make them buy infantry not fighters, get your IPCS to at least 40 for Vps, and delay the Americans with Kamakazees and CAPs.

• seems like Japan is the only country in pacific that needs strategies.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m