• Lost one on Sat.  1941.  20 Units 150 pts.

I had available

1 Elite Pz 4
    2 stug
    1 88
    FW190
    7 SSpg
    1 Snipe
    1 Para
    1 SS Haup

Against

2 Bren
    6-8 Gurka’s (Can’t remember)
    What ever that British Commander is
    Bofur
    Humbar
    5 Stewarts

I started out ok  taking out the bofur.  Then the stewarts came it and took out my PZIV and a stug. I set up the 88 and really had some bad results.  Infantry held up well and actually took out more tanks then my tanks!  For now I think the 88 and planes might not be in future builds. 33 pts could have been better spent.  Rational behind the 88 was fairly sound.  Deal with the Brit tanks.  Hand a good location but it just doesn’t hold up.  Next game is 1942.

Axis Fan out

• '19 Moderator

Yeah, I’d say drop the FW and the 88  and add 2 more stugs.

You should do much better in 42

• 1942 is a pretty solid year for Germans.  They have some really good stuff, such as the Veteran Tiger.

• Yep… 1942 is Germany’s year with the Tiger. Of course it didnt come into action until the fall of that year so if ur doing a battle for Moscow winter 41-42 I wouldn’t run Tigers.

1941 can be tricky for Germany, but with SS Panzergreadier and mix of cheap armor you should do alright. Luckly 4 u T-34’s r rare ;) Unless u play against someone like me who has multiple…

As for the 88 its great if ur playing a huge game in map size and points… but are weak vs airplanes and paratroopers and in small maps they r relativly worthless and inefficent…

• I agree:

I thought I just might try it out.  But yes, on the small maps it was not that effective.  1942 I’m thinking bigger map 6 sheets and 350 build with max of 25 - 27 units.  I started doing some prelim builds and it looks much better (can field a nice mix of solid armor with infantry).

Axis Fan out

P.S. As always thanks for the replies.

Hey Leiter you I came very close to fielding 5 Flamingoes (I might have done better!!!)

• Hi Folks :

I know I asked this question a couple of months ago, but I can’t remember what thread it was on.  What is the general standard for UNIT BUILD LIMITS.  100 points @ 15 units is the base but I remember there being a increase at higher points.  I’m thinking about 350 to 400 points
    on either a reg map (random) or 6 sections.  Does anyone have input?

Axisfan

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m