• '19 Moderator

I played another game last night.  A buddy of mine and I ordered some cases on line and when we got them we decided to open two and play what ever fell out.  I know other people do this, but we had a bit of a unique situation.  When we ordered the cases they were “accidentally” misrepresented as 18 piece boxes.  It turns out we got 12 piece boxes which have nearly identical pieces in each box.  The only real difference is the rare.

Well there ended up being three of us and I had the most experience, so I took two random boxes and each of the other guys took one and it was me vs. them.

Incase it’s not common knowledge the 12 piece starter come with:

1-Random Rare
    1-Panzer IV G
    1-M4 Sherman
    1-MG 42
    1-Vickers
    1-Hauptsturmfurrer
    1-Red Devil Captain
    1-6pouner AT gun
    1-PAK 38
    1-M1 Garand
    1-K98
    1-Bazooka

So I started with double that and they started with one each.

I got an M3 Lee and an Easy 8

My opponents got a KV1 and a Ha-Go

We randomly chose 6 map sheets and I took the first 3 hexes on my side and they split the opposite three in half.  We placed an objective as near center as possible and went at it.

I massed my armor and ran up my left flank knocking out all the armor on that side and then came into the center from the left where my dismounts were fighting and cleaned house.  I can’t claim it as a huge victory, because we are all still learning the rules.  But a win’s a win.  It was fun for me, of course I had the advantage of better units and set up options…

• Are you new to AAM dezrtfish?  How long have you been playing?

• '19 Moderator

Yeah, I’m pretty new, I’ve been studying the units and accumulating.  I played 2 or three games back in Sept. while I was in Iraq.  I had a two player strater and an expansion pack shipped to me so I could try it out.  The funny thing is I got 2 KV1s as my rares.  Since then I have played 4 games, Just finnished another.  This time I decided to have a big Tank fight with my son.  So I took all of my American and British Armor and put it against all of my German Armor plus 2 SIG 33s It was way lopsided against the Germans so I gave the Allies to my son.  Here’s the Units:

Germany:
    11x Panzer IV G
    2x sIG 33

360pts

Allies:
    1x M4A3E8
    1x M3 Lee
    12x M4A1
    2x Churchill Croc
    3x Crusader II
    5x M3 Stuart

521pts

Wanna guess how that one turned out?  Hint: my record against my son is now 0:2 lol

I am getting a beter Idea how the tanks work best though so when I play against the guys (2:0 btw) I am better at manuvering.

• Yea that was pretty lopsided, especially since he had the Easy Eight Sherman.  :lol:  Hey are you thinking of trading/selling any units soon?  I’m trying to accumulate a large Russian army.  :-P

• '19 Moderator

I will be soon, I have 2 cases on the way when I see what I have I am going to try to get better organised.  Sadly, as of right now I’m lacking on the russian units.  If I ever get my stuff back from Iraq I will have 3 KV1s though.

• Well theres no need to ask what pieces I have.  Click on the link in my signature.  :-D  I made it using the Axis and Allies Miniatures Manager program.  Its a real good program.  Keeps track of your collection, builds, trade list, etc.

You can download AAM Manager here.

• '19 Moderator

That’s a pretty nice set of Russian Tanks.

• @Mechanized:

Well theres no need to ask what pieces I have.  Click on the link in my signature.  :-D  I made it using the Axis and Allies Miniatures Manager program.  Its a real good program.  Keeps track of your collection, builds, trade list, etc.

Looks like a real nice program. One question though. How do you import the unit sets?
    Thanks

• @dezrtfish:

That’s a pretty nice set of Russian Tanks.

Thanks……although I have only pulled three of them from boosters (1 guards, 1 KV-1, 1 T34/76.)  The other day I had extreme luck when I bought the last three Base Set boosters at the local comic book shop.  One contained a KV-1 and another contained a T-34/76.  Unfortunately for me, the third and final booster contained a Renault.  :oops: I have a pretty good amount of Mosin Nagants as well.

@Von:

@Mechanized:

Well theres no need to ask what pieces I have.  Click on the link in my signature.  :-D  I made it using the Axis and Allies Miniatures Manager program.  Its a real good program.  Keeps track of your collection, builds, trade list, etc.

Looks like a real nice program. One question though. How do you import the unit sets?
    Thanks

What exactly do you mean?  :|

• AAM Manager already has the unit stats/photos already on it.  Just download and install.

• hmm… I did download and install it but I can’t do anything with it because all the unit selections are blank. There are no units in it.

• I downloaded it a second time and now the units are there. Thanks Guys

• '19 Moderator

@Mechanized:

Thanks……although I have only pulled three of them from boosters (1 guards, 1 KV-1, 1 T34/76.)  The other day I had extreme luck when I bought the last three Base Set boosters at the local comic book shop.  One contained a KV-1 and another contained a T-34/76.  Unfortunately for me, the third and final booster contained a Renault.  :oops: I have a pretty good amount of Mosin Nagants as well.

I have 1 KV1, 2 more Should be home with my stuff from Iraq within the month.  and I just boutght a couple T70s  I have another case on the way and I really hope to see at least 1 T34 fall out.  I can’t seem to get one.

btw that program is sweet.  I am going to drop a donation on those guys as soon as I get the chance.

• Yea man.  That program is sweet.  If you ever need help in making a site with your list of minis, pm me.  I’m trying to learn more on how to do that stuff.  :wink:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m