• '19 Moderator

I decided to try a game with my son last night.  He’s not quite 8 and probably not quite ready for this level of a game.  But, I figured he would enjoy the time and if I gave him a good advantage it would be good practice.  It turns out it was a bit frustrating for me because his attention span is a little short, but it was still fun and I’ll probably do it some more.

I set up a “mad dash / take and hold the city” scenario and stacked his build accordingly:

Germany:
    3xPanzer IV Ausf. G-90
    1xsIG 33-15
    2xSd Kfz 222-16
    4xSd Kfz 251-56
    2xSS Hauptsturmführer-14
    4xSS-Panzergrenadier-20
    2xMG42 Machine-Gun Team-10

Total = 221

When I chose my build I didn’t look at values and just pulled similar units and numbers obviously shorting myself to make it tougher on me:

UK:
    1xChurchill Crocodile-35
    1xCrusader-11
    2xM5 Stuart-30
    2xHumber Scout Car-16
    2xInspiring Lieutenant-20
    2xVickers Machine-Gun Team-16
    4xSMLE No.4 Rifle-12

Total = 140

I’ll just note that I got creamed by my 7 year old.  Of course I was giving him advise and pushing him to be more aggressive but with these builds it wasn’t that tough for him.

Note: I use a house rule that Half-tracks can carry two Inf. and allow stacking limits to change accordingly.

• you are fostering a nazi  for a son. you should of made him america. russia or japan would have been better. but germany? i hope he didn’t pick germany.  (just kidding but still a little distrubing)

• @cyan:

you are fostering a nazi  for a son. you should of made him america. russia or japan would have been better. but germany? i hope he didn’t pick germany.  (just kidding but still a little distrubing)

I find that inappropriate, even as a joke.

• '19 Moderator

I gave him German because that is what I have the best units for.  WTF does this game have to do with political view points?

• lol no need for anyone to get all ansy in their pantsy.

• @MechanizedWarfare:

lol no need for anyone to get all ansy in their pantsy.

yes i agree i was kidding. but congrats to your son for winning his first game.  :-)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m