• Hey everyone,

I just recently beat two of my friends, as the Allies, using strategies found on this very website. But this coming week we are switching roles (I will now be Axis), and I am afraid they will use my same strategies against me! (ie: stockpiling units in Karelia and Western Canada and then attacking Germany from two fronts, etc.). What can I do, as Axis, to keep Germany from falling (because it feel pretty easily when attacked by both the Russians and Americans), and use Japan effectively to counter-attack?

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!

• ummm . . . at the risk of being a jerk, if they’re following the (non-forum) strategies of THIS website, you’ll kick their asses quite easily. The “Don’s Essays” site has some excellent stuff.
    http://donsessays.freeservers.com/

good luck. i could use some myself mind you :)

• Since, I won’t weigh you down with Don’s Bloated Essays :), here’s a quick fix:

First of all, you should be playing with Russia Restricted - no questions asked.

Second, infantry are you key to survival. For Germany and Japan, expect to buy nothing but infantry (and matching transports for Japan) for at least the first 4 turns.

Third, Don’t overextend yourself with Germany! This means, at the risk of leaving Ukraine, you must protect Eastern Europe for as long as possible.

Forth, Protect your Luftwaffe! The only risky situation I would place myself in with ftrs is the first turn wipe out of UK’s Navy (also a must).

Fifth, Always remain on the defensive for Germany. (Except for Africa, make sure you can hold that sucker as long as possible until the Japanese can arrive)

Six, For Japan, Don’t buy an IC! You’re much better of with transports. The only IC I might build with Japan is in India and not until at least the forth turn.

Seventh, Don’t expose your ARM (esp. with Germany). Don’t count on buying anymore.

Eighth, Don’t get over greedy with Japan, especially on the first turn.

Ninth, When at Pearl Harbor, it is better to lose a sub or even a battleship than a plane or transport

Tenth, Never play against TM Moses VII when she is using a “Let’s Build Bombers” strategy. You will lose. :P

• having said that TG, you must concede that your sister’s “ill-fated” grasp at France must have exceeded your expectations. I think that move may be a telling blow for the rest of the game.
    Also i think that you can over-extend yourself as Japan depending on how Russia and UK are playing and still get away with it.

• having said that TG, you must concede that your sister’s “ill-fated” grasp at France must have exceeded your expectations. I think that move may be a telling blow for the rest of the game.

The sheer ignorance and luck in that move has left me dumbfounded! :)
    Now if you know me and read my strategies on America, I’m all in favor of an aggressive American approach (Conveyor belt vs. ATB). But what TM was suggesting was suicide! Suicide that might’ve won a World War… what are the odds? :roll:

Also i think that you can over-extend yourself as Japan depending on how Russia and UK are playing and still get away with it.

I agree. But I think there’s something to be said for “biting off more than you can chew,” especially on J1. Remember your risky move into Sinkiang? :wink:

• @TG:

having said that TG, you must concede that your sister’s “ill-fated” grasp at France must have exceeded your expectations. I think that move may be a telling blow for the rest of the game.

The sheer ignorance and luck in that move has left me dumbfounded! :)
    Now if you know me and read my strategies on America, I’m all in favor of an aggressive American approach (Conveyor belt vs. ATB). But what TM was suggesting was suicide! Suicide that might’ve won a World War… what are the odds? :roll:

I agree. But I think there’s something to be said for “biting off more than you can chew,” especially on J1. Remember your risky move into Sinkiang? :wink:

ahhh that was a lucky bit of rolling in sinkiang :)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m