Request for new child forum for rule clarifications

• 2007 AAR League

It seems like every other day someone posts here asking if they can do this with a TRN, or that with a sub, or something else with their Arm… and then five people answer it and confirm each other’s answers and confirm the confirmations…

I think it would be a great resource to have a child forum just on rule clarifications, and then with a sticky thread for each unit type. Pretty soon, each thread would be a pretty complete record of the many questions that can be asked about different types of units, and it would save a lot of people a lot of time.

Just an idear.

• I disagree.

If you have a sub-forum, that forum will not be visited by as many regulars.  Hence, the rule question will not be answered as quickly, or completely as if it were posted in the main forum.

I do not mind using my time to answering questions about Axis and Allies (Revised).

Having confirmation of answers is necessary so there is a sense of consensus rather than having a single poster’s opinion.

My strong preference is to leave things the way they are.

• Also, people will post their questions anyway.  Many people do not bother to try and look up the answers to their questions before asking them.

Although, I do like the idea of a unit-by-unit FAQ.

~Josh

• '19 Moderator

The FAQ is a good idea, but the site already has a search ability that most poster don’t use.  There are always going to be those questions popping up that have been answered 100 times.  Mostly because they are asked by people that are new to the site.

• 2007 AAR League

It’s kind of hard to search for an  obscure rule clarification…

And the threads could still contain multiple people’s opinions, with a consensus emerging as the discussion evolves.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m