• Next week we’re doing a huge Stalingrad game; I’ll post information on the builds when I finish them and pics as I take them…

It will be long (planning thursday - weekend - thursday) and it will be bloody (tons of infantry and special rules for partisans, snipers, wrecking buildings, etc).

I haven’t actually played an AAM game in over a month now… so thought I’d start this year’s first with a bang.

• Nice!!  Please do take a lot of pictures!!  I want to see every detail of this battle!  :wink:

• @MechanizedWarfare:

Nice!!  Please do take a lot of pictures!!  I want to see every detail of this battle!  :wink:

Santa brought me a camera for christmas, so I should always have pictures for now on :)

• @Der:

@MechanizedWarfare:

Nice!!  Please do take a lot of pictures!!  I want to see every detail of this battle!  :wink:

Santa brought me a camera for christmas, so I should always have pictures for now on :)

YES!

… now i wish i could play! lol well pics well just have too do!

• Due to unforseen circumstances the date of Stalingrad has been pushed back a week. However I’ve got more information on the game for you:

ARMY GROUPS

• German forces will consist of an infantry regiment and some armour support (mostly Flampanzers and StuGs), as well as Luftwaffe Bombers (Me110s).
    • Soviet forces will consist of roughly an infantry battalion reinforced by a guards company, and without armour
    • We decided for this game to, for the most part, leave vehicles out of it; the battle is to be about infantry.

SPECIAL RULES

Partisans

• These units are being used to represent the Russian Soldiers infiltrating through the sewers.
    • Ignore the regular partisan rules; instead these units may be placed at the end of any of your movement phases; they trigger defencive fire from any adjacent enemies.

Snipers

• Snipers may fire at other units with Superior Camoflauge.
    • Snipers get +1 cover against other Snipers if they have not attacked or defencive-fired yet this round.

STALINGRAD MAP

• The map will be 1x5; each map will have a different objective such as the Tractor Factory or the Docks.
    • Germans may deploy up to 2 hexes out; Russians may deploy anywhere else.
    • Objectives will be marked with depot units which do not otherwise have an effect on the game.
    • Objectives are worth 1 VP to whoever controls them; there are no other victory conditions.

Railroad

• Treat as clear terrain but gives 5+ cover to infantry.

Ruined City Hex

• Any unit may enter this hex; there is no road bonus.
    • Gives 4+ cover to infantry and 5+ cover to vehicles.
    • Blocks LOS
    • Any Artillery, Aircraft, or Assault Guns may attack this hex as if it were a unit; treat the hex as a Defence 5/5 vehicle.
    • If an Artillery, Aircraft, or Assault Gun attacks a target in a Ruined City Hex but fails to score any successes against that unit, it makes an attack against the Hex.
    • If an Artillery, Aircraft, or Assault Gun would damage or destroy a unit in a Ruined City Hex, but the unit rolls cover, treat as if the attack was against the Ruined City Hex instead (Don’t re-roll just count the number of successes against it instead).
    • If a Ruined City Hex takes 1 or more hits in one turn, replace it with a Rubble Hex during the casualty phase.

(This one seems a bit complicated, but really isn’t; if your Artillery/Aircraft/Assault Gun hits a unit in a city hex and it fails cover nothing special happens. If it rolls cover you count the successes against the city hex instead (even if you made an AI attack - it doesn’t matter what dice were rolled). If you completely miss then you roll an attack (using AT dice) against the hex.

Rubble Hex

• Vehicles require a movement roll to enter
    • Grants 5+ cover to vehicles and 4+ cover to infantry
    • Doesn’t block LOS.

Mamayev Kurgan (aka Height 102.0)

• This terrain covers multiple hexes.
    • It requires a movement roll to enter a Mamayev Kurgan hex, but not to move from one Mamayev Kurgan Hex to another.
    • Any unit on a Mamayev Kurgan Hex can ignore terrain when determining LOS.

• Sounds like its going to be an interesting match.  I looked up what Mamayev Kurgan was at Wikipedia.  You learn something new everyday!!  Post lots of pictures of the battle!!  :wink:

• Mamayev Kurgan alone would make for an interesting battle, that hill changed hands so many times.

After this battle there’s a chance we might (re)start a campaign, though no specifics have been decieded upon yet.

• @Der:

Mamayev Kurgan alone would make for an interesting battle, that hill changed hands so many times.

After this battle there’s a chance we might (re)start a campaign, though no specifics have been decieded upon yet.

A campaign?  Please enlighten me.

• We’ve done two mini campaigns so far; one in the Pacific and another in North Africa.

Each player has a piece that represents them (one for the Axis and one for the Allies); it has certain abilities and begins with a set rank. Once you gain enough VPs (through victories, destroying units, rallying troops, etc) you move up a rank which mat entitle you to more SAs/CAs, improved initiative, etc.

At the very least it gives some continuity between games instead of a series of unrelated events not everyone cares about; if you’ve invested time into your squad then you (usually) are much more interested in the games; and even if you technically lose, if your squad does well you can still count it as a win.

• German Order of Battle:

Wehrmacht (Reinforced) Rifle Battalion
    1 Company HQ
    1 MG Company
    1 Mortar Platoon
    1 Sniper Section
    4 Rifle Companies
    1 Rifle Company (Understrength)

Veteran Rifle Company
    Flampanzer Platoon
    Assault Gun Platoon
    Luftwaffe Bomber Wing

• Red Army Order of Battle:

Red Army Rifle Battalion
    1 Company HQ
    1 Anti-Tank Platoon
    1 Anti-Tank Rifle Platoon
    1 MG Company
    1 Mortar Platoon
    3 Rifle Companies
    1 SMG Company

Guards Company

• First map of Stalingrad was drawn on black sheets; this is the second copy done up with tiles.

[attachment deleted by admin]

• So when are you guys going to play?  I want to see pictures already!!  :-P

• The game starts this thursday.

• You have probably seen these, but just saying……it would be cool if you could order a couple of these from Panzerpainter and use them for your Stalingrad battle.  :wink:

• 2nd pic

• 3rd Pic (had to host it since it was too big)

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/8694/scan00078nu3ci.jpg

Lame that the img code is disabled on this forum.  :x

• They look pretty good, but apart from Der Leiter all my models are unpainted.

• So its going down tomorrow DL?  I myself am going to my local comic book shop to play some Star Wars Minis.  8-)

• It’s still on - pieces should be set up tonight in preperation for tomorrow.

SWM or SSB?

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m