• Hi gang…. another National Advantage problem for ya.

(I know, I know… nobody plays with NAs.  … let’s pretend for a minute like they do, ok?  :-P)

The situation is that Joint Strike has been called.  This creates the totally unique situation that multinational forces (UK and US) can attack together.

Here’s the question:

Can one nation’s Artillery support the other nation’s Infantry?  For example, I attack German forces with a mixed-force consisting of only American Infantry and British Artillery… do the American Infantry get +1 attack from the artillery support?

~Josh

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

The way I am reading both the LHTR and the OOB version of this NA, the units are basically controlled by America as if they were America’s own units.  Thus, yes, I believe that Artillery for one can support infantry of the other as they are attacking simultaniously…

• 2007 AAR League

Would this mean that Allied BBs also get to fire a Bombardment Shot?

• The way I read Joint Strike, the UK could NOT act, but their units WOULD act in concert with the US, so ART would fire and support another nation’s INF, both nations BB’s would fire if their was an amphib, etc.

As Jen stated, it is the equivalent of the US controlling both sets of units for that turn.

• @OutsideLime:

(I know, I know… nobody plays with NAs.  … let’s pretend for a minute like they do, ok?   :-P)

Ther are a still few of us who prefer OOB rules and balancing factors to house rules (LHTR).I have found that the NAs add alot of flavor to the games.In our groups experience giving the axis 10 to 12 advantages (chosen by the allies) and the allies 6 to 8 advantages (chosen by the axis) usually evens the game up pretty nicely 8-).

@ajgundam5:

Would this mean that Allied BBs also get to fire a Bombardment Shot?

All British and American Battleships would get to shoot.  If Britian and/or America had Combined Bombardment then the nation who has that technology (or both) would also get to fire shots from their Destroyers.

Image the firepower!  Figure England has a BB, 2 Destroyers, America has a BB, 4 Destroyers, then you have 10 or so Fighters, 2 Bombers, 12 Transports full of goodies……almost makes me want to just pile in England ignoring Africa and Russia and go for a huge, massive dump on Germany!  :)

Almost…

• Can UK/US Transports carry each other’s troops during a Joint Strike?  I am asking because there is already a defined system in place for how friendly transports carry each other’s troops, and Joint Strike would seem to nullify that system.

~Josh

To my knowledge, and experience, yes.  It is like treating all British units as American for that round.  Obviously, Russian units would NOT be included in this.  But yes, An American transport could carry 1 or 2 British units or American units or a combination of both, likewise the British transports.

• 2007 AAR League

@OutsideLime:

Can UK/US Transports carry each other’s troops during a Joint Strike?  I am asking because there is already a defined system in place for how friendly transports carry each other’s troops, and Joint Strike would seem to nullify that system.

~Josh

I would assume so … they act as 1 nation

• Join Strike is effective SKIP the UK’s turn (except build and place); Germany goes, UK buys and builds, then Japan.
    Then on the USA turn, the USA is able to use any and all US and UK units for Combat Movement, Combat, and Non-Combat Movement.

Then Russia goes, and everythign is back to normal.

• I would assume that artillery of one nation cannot support infantry of another nation.

• 2007 AAR League

@newpaintbrush:

I would assume that artillery of one nation cannot support infantry of another nation.

I would assume the opposite.  To me, this NA is just as though you pool all UK and US pieces together “jointly” and do your turn as though they all belong to the US.  UK BB can support US amphibious assaults, etc. etc. etc.

• I too would assume that they can support each other.  It is JOINT STRIKE, the effect of which is it is all one big pool of forces tha the US uses to attack with.

• 2007 AAR League

All UK/USA units are as if they are green for the turn.

Joint Strike declared.  USA turn.

Even if the unit is UK, any axis territory it occupies will be USA income.  If the USA/UK unit simply liberates a tan territory, the income does not go back to the USA.  It is just tan.

Therefore, any unit used in combination of another unit is expected.  If you were playing multi player, the USA player would declare the losses, including UK unit losses.

• @Wazzup:

All UK/USA units are as if they are green for the turn.

Joint Strike declared.  USA turn.

Even if the unit is UK, any axis territory it occupies will be USA income.  If the USA/UK unit simply liberates a tan territory, the income does not go back to the USA.  It is just tan.

Therefore, any unit used in combination of another unit is expected.  If you were playing multi player, the USA player would declare the losses, including UK unit losses.

(mumbles) the NA says if the USA and UK player can’t decide casualties, the opposing player gets to choose them.  This contradicts what you’re saying; the US can’t unilaterally decide on unit casualties . . .

On reading the description of artillery again, I think probably artillery of one country can support infantry of another country.  Probably.  It isn’t definitive, and implication by omission is not the greatest foundation on which to base a rule, but it works for me.

• 2007 AAR League

oops. yes that’s right about the declaration.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m