• Hi everyone,

I’m posting to invite all of you to participate in the 2007 AAMC Main Championship which starts January 15, 2007. You can sign up here: http://p078.ezboard.com/ftheofficersclubfrm32.showMessage?topicID=61.topic

SS

• We need more local talent in this tourney to represent this site. I’m in, someone named Jennifer is in,and someone named pagan soldier is in. After examining pagan soldier’s posts,if that isn’t switch,then it’s his twin brother. That’s the only thing missing on this site. A 2nd edit. tourney. How about it darth,avin,rjclayton & others!!

• Is it LL? Is it with fixed bids?

• I don’t know. I reached a deadend at www.aamc.net/txt_doc.shtml  Only saburo knows

• It is not LL.  It is an ADS tournament.  The default dicey can be found here:  http://aamcbunker.net/main/login.html

The bid is a straight bid.  The lower bid plays Axis and gets to place up to the value of the bid in new units on the board before the game starts.  The bid can also be distributed between Germany or Japan as IPCs.  So, for example, a bid of 22 could be “22, 7 Inf Ukraine, 1 IPC Germany”.

Sorry for the broken links.  I will get them fixed as soon as I can.

SS

• I understand how bid placement work… :P But I have played a tourney where bid placements were set. Axis got a 23 bid with a Power Africa setup. It sucked…

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

LL can be fun too, but LL can also fail badly.

Remember, 1 infantry can successfully defend against 5 infantry attack it in LL…just happened to me in 3 consecutive battles.  Lost 15 infantry, killed nothing.  Surrendered on Russia 2.

• @Bashir:

I understand how bid placement work… :P But I have played a tourney where bid placements were set. Axis got a 23 bid with a Power Africa setup. It sucked…

Nope.  That’s not the format at AAMC.  It’s free placement based on the Axis player’s preference.  Of course, you can only place units in territories or sea zones where you already have units and Germany can’t place units in BAL.

SS

The real question is can Germany bid 1 infantry to Manchuria? :)

• The real question is can Germany bid 1 infantry to Manchuria?

Short answer is no.  German units in German territories.  Japanese units in Japanese territories.

SS

What’s the long answer?

Cause it would be convenient to have a german infantry in Manchuria.  Germany opens Mongolia and Japan runs through.

• Lol you want toplace like 4 inf and a tank in Man? :S

“Remember, 1 infantry can successfully defend against 5 infantry attack it in LL…just happened to me in 3 consecutive battles.  Lost 15 infantry, killed nothing.  Surrendered on Russia 2.”

Tough luck, but it doesn’t only happen with LL… The chance is even bigger that you have a streak like this in an ADS game… Next example plz…

No, it doesn’t always happen.  It’s actually rare in both cases.  But you’d be surprised how often rare activities can happen back to back in games!

And what’s wrong with 4 infantry, 1 armor in Manchuria!?!?!  Betcha you’d see Russia run away faster then a 4 year old faced with brussel sprouts and lima beans for dinner!

• So? Russia will run anyway… But if you spend you units there your eastern flank will be toast…

I was thinking of sending 1 German unit to Manchuria and invade Mongolia. (Classic, not Revised obviously.)

That way Japan doesn’t loose anything by invading Mongolia.

The rest, of course, is still placed on the German front.

• @Jennifer:

And what’s wrong with 4 infantry, 1 armor in Manchuria!?!?!  Betcha you’d see Russia run away faster then a 4 year old faced with brussel sprouts and lima beans for dinner!

Had a different impression… But ok, you can easily send your bomb over Mon and archieve the same… So I don’t see the waste of 1 inf in Man.

Partially my fault, had a brain fart on what units started there, was thinking 3 inf, 1 arm not 3 inf, 1 fighter.  So by adding 1 Gerry to the mix it would be 4 inf.

And by using the bomber that way, you cannot use it to sink british fleet…dunno if it’s worth that.

• You van use it on turn one… Then move it to mon turn 2… On turn one it will cost the russians nothing, because the japs can’t take out China if they want to threaten the Yak force…

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m