• Hallo, I’m italian and I’m new to this game.

There’s one thing not very clear to me in the rules: the TRN movement.
    I mean, can a TRN make the first move if it’s unload?
    For example:

1. in the combat phase, I have a TRN in the zone A. I want to move the TRN from A to B, load two INFs, then move to C and unload. Can I make this move?
    2. Or, again, move TRN from A to C, then bridge two INFs from X to Y across C
    3. And again, move TRN from A to B, load two INFs, back to A and unload?

Because in the Italian rules you find: ”transports can’t move before load or after unload”. And all the examples seems to confirm this. All the Italian forums agree.

But I find it very strange and, moreover, when I read your threads here (usually about Japan strategy) I understand that you make the moves I write above.
    Quote for example:

Take advantage of the fact that SZ60 already borders Buryatia. This means for instance, that if you have transports off of French Indochina, that they can in one turn move to SZ60 and drop troops from Japan into Buryatia. I like to do something I call swapping: one turn I’ll drop stuff in Buryatia to help the northern assault, and the next turn I’ll take troops from Japan to drop in Indochina, then go back to drop stuff in Buryatia again.

Can I have a final answer once for all?

Thank you all.
    Yucatan.

@yucatan:

For example:

1. in the combat phase, I have a TRN in the zone A. I want to move the TRN from A to B, load two INFs, then move to C and unload. Can I make this move?
    2. Or, again, move TRN from A to C, then bridge two INFs from X to Y across C
    3. And again, move TRN from A to B, load two INFs, back to A and unload?

Yes, all three are legal moves assuming there are no enemy ships in your way.

In combat phase, your land units would then have to engage in land combat of course.

But you can also doing this during Non-Combat per that quote you had about Japan and Bury.  It is perfectly legal to move a tran from the Fic sz to sz 60 then load 2 inf and drop them off in Bury.

Another example would be to move a trn to pick up the Inf on the Phil Is and unload them onto mainlain Asia.

I see where in the unit profile it kind of gets confusing.

The part you quote is wrong:
    ”transports can’t move before load or after unload”.

It should read this:

“Loading onto or offloading from a transport counts as a land units enitre move; it cannot move before loading or after unloading”

This refers to the land units that board the trns, not the trns itself.  IE you CANNOT move a tank 1 space to board a trn or say offload a tank in Egy, then move it one more square.

Look right below that in the “Loading and Offloading” part (page 23 trn profile):

“A transport can load cargo, before, during or after its move……”

Hope this helps.

Edit:

I should add this though, once a transport unloads its cargo then it CANNOT move after that.

IE, a trn from UK moves 1 space to sz 5 to unload 2 inf in Kar, the transport cannot move back to sz 6 after it drops off the inf, it must stay in sz 5.

• Just agreeing with Darth. Load a TRN, move it, Load it some more, move it again and unload it-perfectly legal. It is done moving once it unloads.

• 2007 AAR League

One further clarification on Trn rules - they can only unload into a single territory. So you cannot unload 1 unit to UK and 1 unit to Norway from the same transport.

• All three questions ahve answers of yes (adding confrimation to all those who have posted)

And Frood Dood is correct in all but ONE case… if Japan has the National Advantage of Lightning Strike (I think that is the one), they can offload in multiple territories, but ONLY if both of teh territories are adjacent to the same sea zone… the TRN still cannot move after it unloads.

EX:  If Japan has that National Advantage, then they COULD offload 1 INF to both Alaska and Western Canada, if the TRN is in SZ63 that touches both Alaska and Western Canada.

• Thanks everybody.

Now it’s perfectly clean. :lol:

Yucatan

• Glad to be of assistance!

• @yucatan:

Thanks everybody.

Now it’s perfectly clean. :lol:

Yucatan

Oops!
    Maybe it was “clear”!! :-D

Yucatan

Suggested Topics