• I was able to play BOTB last night and it is great!(Unfortunately, I couldn’t finish the game because I had to meet someone) I had a question if anyone could answer. When your units attack they hit the unit with a 6 or less plus they hit the unit that corresponds with that number. Example roll a 3 you hit the third unit. When you are attacking just one unit do you have to roll a 1 or does every roll six or under a hit?

• 6 or under… everything is 6 or under

• Founder TripleA Admin

The idea is that you keep counting. If you have 3 units, you count 1, 2, 3 and start from the begining, 4, 5, 6. If there is one unit, follow the same algorithm. 1, start from the begining, 2, start from the begining, 3, and so on. This is all assuming that you do not have more than 6 units in the hex.

Next, f you have more than six units, you need to re-roll each hit and take the coresponding numbers and follow the same algorithm.

What is interesting is that if you have enough units in one hex, there are units that cannot be hit. For instance if you have 6 infantry and 6 armor, the artillery, the trucks, and the supplies cannot be touched. Why can’t they be touched? You’ll count out to 12 before you get to those units. This could lead to an interesting strategy for the Allies.

• stacking limitations are 12 items. if you got 6 and 6 nothing else is allowed in the hex.

• IL is right djensen. You can’t have more than twelve units in a hex. Supplies and trucks, while an unlimited number of each is allowed in a hex all the trucks count as a unit and all the supplies count as a unit for stacking purposes. So if you have supplies and trucks in a hex you may only have 10 combat units in that hex. Up to 6 of which may be INF or up to six of which may be ARM and up to 3 of which may be ART.

Everythng in the hex is subject to destruction.

It is a bad moment when the Axis attacks a hex and just blows up the supplies.

• Founder TripleA Admin

Ah, it looks like we were playing this wrong at the GenCon SoCal tournament.

• I dont think in any case a hex had more than 12 units of stuff in any games i played…even ours.

• Just got it today. Still trying to decode the rules. Looks great though.

• @frimmel:

So if you have supplies and trucks in a hex you may only have 10 combat units in that hex. Up to 6 of which may be INF or up to six of which may be ARM and up to 3 of which may be ART.

however, unlike supply tokens, each truck counts against the stacking limit, ie if you have 2 trucks and 5 supply tokens in a hex, you only have room for 9 more combat units.When taking hits if you have more than 1 truck in peril, each hit on the “truck” space removes 1 truck (just like supplies in this sense).

• I was indeed mistaken each trunk counts as 1 unit as opposed to trucks working like supplies. You are not allowed an unlimited number of trucks per hex.  :oops:

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m