• Hey my gaming group wants to run a double blind game, with 3 boards. 1 Axis, 1 Allies and 1 GM/control group board. Axis can only see their stuff and Allies can only see their stuff.  Has anybody done this? Any suggestions? Thanks

Krazygit

• You ahve to allow each side to see adjacent territories as well.  Might even want to allow them to see what is in “aerial recon” range.

Still makes for an interesting twist, since counter-attacks would be largely unknown…

• Axis and Allies Europe Double Blind Rules Draft V0.1b

Start up:

Prewar intelligence: Each starting board is set up with all of the units as normal.

A) each side the spends their 12 IPC without revealing purchases to the opposition

B) each side may then elect a single territory in which to make a Non-combat move

Victory Conditions

All of Russia’s City’s must be captured in order for Russia to be eliminated.

A) Russia can not be liberated once all cities have been captured

Intelligence

Recon Flights:

Recon Flights may be conducted in the new Strategic Air Phase which takes place just prior to combat moves. Fighters may fly out two spaces from their original airfield and return to the same airfield. Any units in the over flown zones will be known.

A) Anti-aircraft fire and Interceptor flights in each of the over flown zones may make 1 attempt to shoot down the Recon flight

B) Recon flights may not detect subs

Scouting: Each infantry unit in a territory will allow the controller to “scout” the enemy units in ONE adjacent territory.

Infiltrate: Infiltrate infantry units may move into an enemy territory as a non-combat move. Each enemy infantry unit in that territory makes a roll, on a ‘1’ they have found the infiltrating unit and they have been killed. If the infiltration unit survives, they may then “scout” 1 territory adjacent to that territory.

Advanced Scouts

Option I) new unit, 4 IPC for infantry unit that is a 0/1 + Infiltrate.

Option 2) spend 1 IPC to give an infantry unit infiltrate for 1 non-combat move. Unit will remain keep infiltrate until either the unit is found and destroyed, they are moved with out paying another 1 IPC, or it finds itself in a friendly territory.  :mrgreen:

• '18 '17 '16 '11 Moderator

@ncscswitch:

You ahve to allow each side to see adjacent territories as well.  Might even want to allow them to see what is in “aerial recon” range.

Still makes for an interesting twist, since counter-attacks would be largely unknown…

I agree with point 1, but I’d add something to point 2:  Enemy fighters can attack recon fighters and any AA guns can shoot at recon fighters.

BTW, it’s done often and even has a term: “Fog of War”

I have not done it in Europe, however I have played Classic this way.  (We let you roll for intelligence for each die result of 6 you rolled again and that’s the number of territories that did not border your forces you got “intelligence” on.)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m