What out of the box National Advantages should I use…

• I am running A&A revised at a convention this weekend. 4 hour time slot (I know, I know )
    I want to use special victory conditions, 9 cites total or 1 Ally capital falls, same with the Axis.

I want to give out national advantages to each nation, possibly even more than one to speed the game up.

Any suggestions?

I know I want to give the US mechanized infantry… because that really helps them get into Africa quick.
    Other than that. I dont know.

Bear in mind, I want ones that are going to speed up the game.

Not bog it down, so Germany’s Atlantic wall is a no-no.

• A lot depends on the skill level of the players.  Assuming that the players will be roughly the same skill level, how about:

Russia–-Trans-Siberian Railway (quicker defense/attack response)

Germany—Panzerblitz (allows greater use/mobility of German armor)

United Kingdom—Mideast Oil (allows greater use of aircraft, ftrs can attack Med. and return)

Japan—Lightning Assaults (allows rapid attack of coastal areas)

America—Mechanized Infantry (allows greater mobility/attack)

If you allow more than 1 national advantage each, stay away from Superfortresses for USA.  It makes the game pretty lopsided.  IMHO the same restriction applies to Banzai Attack for Japan.

• USA: mechanized infantry or chinese divisions.
    UK: Radar or French Resistance
    Russia: Railroad or Lend-Lease
    Germany: Panzerblitz
    Japan: Tokyo Express or Lightning Assaults.

• SPEED IT UP –> Lend Lease. Allies have a huge advantage
                            Superfortresses. You just can’t win with the Axis
                            Joint Strike. If used properly, See-ya
    Make it interesting --> Wolfpacks and/or U-boat interdiction
                                    Enigma

• Thanks guys, I will let you know what I decide and how the game turns out.

• @Wrongway:

I am running A&A revised at a convention this weekend. 4 hour time slot (I know, I know )
    I want to use special victory conditions, 9 cites total or 1 Ally capital falls, same with the Axis.

I want to give out national advantages to each nation, possibly even more than one to speed the game up.

Any suggestions?

I know I want to give the US mechanized infantry… because that really helps them get into Africa quick.
    Other than that. I dont know.

Bear in mind, I want ones that are going to speed up the game.

Not bog it down, so Germany’s Atlantic wall is a no-no.

Just say “I want a quick Allied slaughter of the Axis”, not “I want to speed up the game”.  It’s more accurate.

• I usually play with all the options these days… makes each country feel quite different and unique.

• Some are just cheap, though, like the Superfortresses. Since fighters can’t intecept SBR’s, you can bomb at will with America, while being perfectly content to lose nothing.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m