• For those of you who don’t know me, I’m the WotC Patron Editor for Avalon Hill Games.

I’ve written several articles on AAM, including the Sets I - III unit reviews that David asked for, along with some basic training articles and Nation-specific armies. I don’t pretend to be all knowing, and I’ll easily admit I can make mistakes, but I’ve had a fair bit of experience since the release of the Base Set.  So feel free to ask any questions (I may not always give answers you like ;) but feel free to ask).

We just finished Knowledge Arcana #5 (http://wizo.wizards.com/ka/archive/KnowledgeArcana05.pdf), and I just thought I’d give you all a little preview of it:

Otto Skorzeny - German
    13 Points
    Speed 1
    Defence 4/4
    AI 6/-/-
    AT 2/-/-

Initiative +4
    Command Ability:  Brandenburgers - Once per game you may replace one enemy soldier with an SS-Panzergrenadier

Anyone who has article ideas feel free to contact me!

~Jon

• Well, a belated “hullo hullo” to you then.

I didn’t think you needed to introduce yourself. You’re quite prolific in this hobby and your houserules are near-legendary in my circle. Hah.

-=Grim=-

• Founder TripleA Admin

Welcome.

If you ever want a place to post any of your material, your material is always welcome here.

• @GrimJesta:

Well, a belated “hullo hullo” to you then.

I didn’t think you needed to introduce yourself. You’re quite prolific in this hobby and your houserules are near-legendary in my circle. Hah.

-=Grim=-

Well I didn’t think I should assume things  :-P

• Are you considering the introduction of generals in the official game?  I think that would be great!

There could be some sort of rule where you can only have one general per army, and if you lose your general, there could be some drawbacks…

Just a thought

• I don’t have any part of the production or design of the game, but I would hope that generals and other high level officers are held off for now.

The scale of their command is just wrong; you don’t have a general leading a skirmish unit.  Now their could be a minimum point limit put on them, or some similiar restrictions (eg Command 200 - This unit can only be included in an army totalling 200 points or more).  Also there’s the matter of rarity.  How many of a general do you want to be opening? Common would be too much, and even uncommon would give you around 2-3 per case.  As a rare I can imagine some people would be pretty upset unless they were significantly game-altering, which would then upset other people.

Perhaps down the road their could be some call for them, but for now I’d rather they provide us with more alternatives and fill in some nations; the UK for example still only has one commander.

• Agreed. Commanders would be a bit much unless the scale of the game was increased. I can’t imagine Rommel leading anything other than the entirety of the Afrika Corps, or Patton anything other than VII Army, Monty with VIII Army. I would imagine those to be 300-350 point armies at the least. But people would revolt if commanders like that were introduced, unless they kept them low-key like the generals in Flames of War.

-=Grim=-

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m