• I have almost all the original axis & allies and just saw these miniatures…is it worth buying it like equiping myself with minatures and if yes how much would it cost to have a good enought set to have plenty of fun. Plus i have another game memoir 44 that looks alot like this one. ANybody has any info that could help me make a good choice !!! thx !! :roll:

• Founder TripleA Admin

Personally, I really enjoy the game. I have a post about this someplace, let me dig it up instead of repeating myself.

• Founder TripleA Admin

I, personally, think this game is great because it has both the possibilities and the impossibilities. Each unit has a country, stats, abilities, and a year. You can setup scenarios that are historical for a particular year. Historical prevents certain Allied and Axis faction from being on the same army (Japan cannot fight with Germany). Historical means that you set a particular year units that you are allowed to use in your armies.

As for the collectible nature, it is good and bad. Good because you have people constantly buying the game which means money for WotC which means more expansions and more nifty pieces. There also a growing community of players meaning that as time goes on it will be esier and easier to find players. The bad is the cost. But if you want, you can get around the cost.

Start by buying a starter. Then you can get on an eBay store and buy just the pieces you want. You can go in on a case with a friend and draft the rares and split up the other pieces and then fill in the blanks on eBay.

• Thx for the tips…your right about the cost specially if you need to buy alot of packs or unit to recreate the scenarios. So what i do understand is that this is more of a collectors game…

• i treat it like a collector.  ( that way my wife can’t get too pissed)  but if you want to dive into it hot and heavy. I would strongly suggest buying cases and buying them online.  Through like ebay or something.  I wouldn’t personally pay more than 110.00 for a case and that includes s&h.  I’ve bought cases for both set 1 and 2 at 105.00 and just preordered set 3 for 110.00.  well worth searching for them rather than going to your local game store. Where the price of 1 booster is 15.00.  you save almost 70.00

but thats just me

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m