• i do not understand bidding could someone clue me in?

In AaA Original and Revised the game setup and IPC amounts are geared in favor of the Allies. Players created a bidding system to give the Axis some extra starting cash to balance the playing field, since the Axis needs as many units as they can muster early on in the game.

Bidding:

In a “Bid Game” Each Player secretly writes down a number that they “bid” to play the Axis. After all players have written down a number all players reveal them simultaneously. Whichever 2 have the lowest number are the axis (those who think they can use the least amount of Extra IPC’s to win the game). The lowest bidder can choose which country he/she is (Germany or Japan). This Cash Can be used to purchase units immediately that can be placed in any “Controlled” Territory or it can be saved for later purchases.

Start Game

GG

To Forum Personnel: I will sticky this since it is a FAQ. Maybe people will see this before they post.

• so, how much does the bid suppose be?
    is there any limited? like 5 player write down the number between 10 and 40?

sorry, I just played AaA twice and I didn’t know anything about bidding @@a

thx!

See this thread in the A&A section as well:

http://www.axisandallies.org/forums/index.php?topic=1146.0

The first page has some good info, but then goes off topic a bit.

Edit:

GG, good call on the Sticky.  :-)

thankyou… I think that their maybe a couple other stickys I’ll make depending on the amount of responses to one subject

• that helps.
    thanks so much. :lol:

• me new to the game
    and interested in revised game
    find the bidding diffecult for the first time
    I mean what is normal between 3 and 6
    or much higher
    how big is the advantige of the allies

coon

• 2007 AAR League

At tripleawarclub, they play with a standard bid of 9 IPCs for their ladder games.

Here, 8 or 7 seem to be pretty normal, but sometimes you see 10 or even higher.

• for a&ae i find it a bit higher for the axis so i think fr the allies they get each 12 ipc’s fill in a stalemate what do you think?

• I have a really dumb question about this.

The money that the Axis receives. Does it come from the Allies or from the bank?

Thanks!

• In the TripleA community, bidding is usually done be bidding down, i.e. revised, since axis needs a bid, one player start bidding for axis, 11 ipc, 10 ipc or 9 ipc in preplaced units, that is, the units are place before Russia starts the first rnd, then the other player either accepts the bid, or bids 1 ipc lower, and then the other player accepts or bids even lower, and after one player has accepted the bid, then the the axis player places his bids, in TripleA it is common with an unwritten rule that says one unit pr. territory, after the bidding and placement has finished, the game starts as usual.

• @StormSurge:

I have a really dumb question about this.

The money that the Axis receives. Does it come from the Allies or from the bank?

Thanks!

The bank.

• Thanks!!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m