• I’ve heard a few strategies that recommend building on aircraftcarrier on G1, what does this do? And after I build it, what am I supposed to do with it?

• It is the anchor to defense of the Baltic Fleet…  Build it, put 2 existing FIGs on it.

Then, use it to threaten and/or destroy UK and US invasion fleets (or as an LZ for FIGs on long distnace strike missions against Trannies… or for an invasion of UK…

You can also move the reinforced Baltic fleet out into the Atlantic to meet up with the German Med Fleet (discussed in previous threads) to threaten evertyhing from Eastern Canada to Brazil to South Africa.

• Cool, I’ll do a quick search on the German med fleet.

• nazi carrier totally rocks! you can even wait to merge until round three and still hit egypt g1 then gib g2 and buy another trannie g2 so have three in range of london but still heavy land buys every turn, just remember to comit to buying at least one fig every round and take them as casualties to your fleet when possible. that fleet off france can go anywhere but d.c. in one round which really makes usa/uk cautious since you can land 6 units next to easter usa or pound london. when the allies get too big to handle (they will) bail back to the med and use the trannies to move men from southern to ukraine or caucasus.  the atlantic german navy doesn’t have to be huge, just effective.

i started another thread about stopping japan when this happens and am still not totally understanding what they are saying but having only played revised about 15 times i am no expert. but the games i have seen the baltic navy get support even if only for a short time have been axis victories and the ones where the germans just try and run/sit with what they have have been allied ones.

• Actually I’ve had some success with buying not only a AC the first turn but a BB also.  This cuts down a LOT on the need buy a fig every turn to replace your naval losses, and you can bombard anyone foolish enough to land on norway or western.

Another choice is to buy TWO AC’s (either both 1st round, or the 2nd on the R2).  This gives the ability to cover western AND the Baltic.  A little difficult to do since both fleets need to be a reasonable deterrent to any attack.  I still think a BB, fully loaded AC, a DD and some trannies or subs as fodder is very hard to stop (except an equal or greater IPC value of subs and fighters).

• A G1 BB or 2 AC purchase? Who are you playing against? What is USSR doing buying IC’s for Siberia??? USSR should roll over G with these G1 purchases. 1 AC on G1 is feasible but B & US following naval buys should compensate for this strat eventually.

• i ahve tried a g1 bb, it was not a “serious” game and i had a lot of fun linking my fleet and terrorizing the atlantic with two bb’s for a couple of rounds.  i might revisit it again in a more disciplined approach when my play group gets more experience to see what kind of slap down i get

• My friends and I also like to sometimes throw some crazy strategies out there just to try it. With the addition of National Advantages, I can see where Germany could use an AC. Say you’re playing with more than one NA per power and Germany gets both U-boat interdiction and wolfpacks. Germany can really make use of a powerful sub fleet, and the allies are going to go after those subs. A loaded AC is going to make their attacks costly for a long portion early in the game.

One of my buddies did the 2-AC purchase on G1. He lost. But it was interesting.

• Mayhem, we too play with NAs. Actually we did two games in a row with all NAs. On the first game, Germany bought 1 AC and 3 subs on G1. That left him with very little ground force but he just held his cocoon and on G2 built just INF and ART to compensate. In the end, Axis won the game and the subs made the Allies loose at least 60 IPC through the course of the game (which wasn’t very long, maybe 7 turns). Plus the allies were always threatened by a mighty fleet of 1 AC, 1 DD, 5 subs (attacking on 3s), and 2 trannies (one of which was built later on) plus all german air force.

In our second game, Germany made a G1 purchase of 1 AC and 8 INF. Every turn thereafter Germany purchased 1-2 subs. The end results was the same, an Axis victory, but it was a lot safer against Russia with the additionnal 8 INF on G1.

No matter if you play with NA or not, a G1 buy of an AC is HIGHLY recommended.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m