• If you are willing to set up a board, and keep it set up for a long-term game, we can do a “low tech” version of PBEM via the boards.

I can;t use the TripleA version due to an antiquated PC, but we can do a move at a time, 1 round of battle at a time, and spend the next several weeks working through some of these points.  I figure 5 complete turns whould be enough to prove one or the other of us correct.

I am willing to tie up my board for the next several weeks if you are (my wife would probably love ya if you did :-P )

• I’d love to, except I’m only familiar with Triple A. How do we determine dice rolls? I’m ready to get started once you explain how this is going to work.

• @trihero:

I’d love to, except I’m only familiar with Triple A. How do we determine dice rolls? I’m ready to get started once you explain how this is going to work.

I am willing to do it on the “honor system”, physically rolling dice (would not be any fun if the numbers were fudged, and would not prove anything).  We set up the game, I’ll take the Axis, you post your initial Russia moves, and we go through the combat a single set of rolls at a time.  Will be slow that way, but if we both are online in a given evening, would make quick work of it.  Would also allow each of us to “pull back” in the midst of a battle if we thought we were doing badly, etc.

Say the word, and if you are game, I’ll set my board up tomorrow after work and we can start with your Russia attacks.

In the mean time, I am heading for bed.

• I’m game. Before we get started, my real name is Wes, and I live in California of the United States. I’m really glad to meet a player who seems to have his logistics down =)

Russia Turn 1

Purchase: 4 infantry and 3 artillery, 0 IPCs leftover.

3 infantry + 1 fighter from karelia, as well as the fighter from moscow, attack Belorussia.

3 infantry + tank from Archangel, 3 infantry + 2 tanks + 1 art from moscow, 3 infantry + 1 tank + 1 art, attack West Russia.

I choose to resolve the Belorussia attack first.

The 3 infantry roll 2, 4, 6 (no hits).
    The fighters roll 1, 3 (2 hits).

Total hits: 2

West Russia combat goes like this:

7 unupgraded infanty roll 1, 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 4 (3 hits)
    2 upgraded infantry + 2 art roll 3, 4, 6, 6, (zero hits)
    4 tanks roll 1, 2, 5, 5 (2 hits)

Total hits: 5

• Fantastic!  I’ll have my board set tomorrow evening around 6 pm eastern.

Go ahead and do your rolls for West Russia if you want to.  I have no problems doing two combats at once in terms of keeping track (but if you want to do one at a time so as to adjust pull-backs, etc. I am cool with that also)

Will have my Germany roll posted tomorrow, and be online much of the evening.

• I’ll try not to edit anymore; I just fixed up my post to introduce myself and include the West Russian combat. 6:00 PM eastern is 3:00 western correct? I work part time tomorrow from 5-9 PM western but anyways we’ll just work it out whenever we have time.

• @trihero:

The 3 infantry roll 2, 4, 6 (no hits).
    The fighters roll 1, 3 (2 hits).

Total hits: 2

Ike in Raleigh North Carolina here.  I lost INF to your fighters in Bel, and the defense is a 1, 2, and 4

2 hits, above average dice

I assume you will lose INF?

@trihero:

West Russia combat goes like this:

7 unupgraded infanty roll 1, 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 4 (3 hits)
    2 upgraded infantry + 2 art roll 3, 4, 6, 6, (zero hits)
    4 tanks roll 1, 2, 5, 5 (2 hits)

Total hits: 5

OUCH!  That cleans me out in WR.  Defense is 1, 4, 6, 6, 6 (nice for a tech roll in Classic, TERRIBLE for defense roll)

Again, I assume lose 1 INF and take posession of WR with all other land forces?

• Again, I assume lose 1 INF and take posession of WR with all other land forces?

Yes.

2 hits, above average dice

I assume you will lose INF?

Yeah I lose 2 inf. I press the attack in Belorussia.

I roll

Infantry: 5
    Fighters: 1, 3

2 hits.

• Awaiting your last infantry dice roll in Belorussia  :wink:

• Ok, so my last INF is doubly dead :-P

Defense roll is a 4, no further losses.

1 INF Russian stays in Bel.

Non Combat?

• Noncombat:

Both fighters in the Belorussia attack land in Moscow.

Russian sub moves to sz3 then to sz2 to party with the UK fleet.

Kazakh infantry x 2 move to Caucasus.

Novosibirsk infantry x 2 and Eventi National Org infantry x 2 move to Moscow.

Yakut infantry x 2 move to Novosibirsk.

Buryatia infantry x 2 and Soviet Far East infantry x 2 move to Yakut.

End noncombat.

4 infantry purchased mobilize in Caucasus. 3 artillery mobilize in Moscow.

Russia receives 28 IPCs.

Country totals (actual money/income level)

Russia: 28/28
    Germany: 40/36
    UK: 30/30
    Japan: 30/30
    US: 42/42

• Awaiting Germany’s turn (impatiently)  :evil:

• Germany 1:

Germany buys:  4 tanks, 2 ART, 4 INF, spending all 40 IPC’s

Combat Moves:
    3 Norway INF to Karelia (open, taken w/o loss)
    2 Eastern INF, to Bel
    1 Eastern ARM to Caucuses
    2 Germany ARM to Bel
    1 Southern INF and 1 ART via tranny to Caucuses (with BB)
    3 Ukraine INF, 1 ART, 1 ARM to Caucuses
    1 Norway fig to Caucuses
    1 German fig to Caucuses
    1 German Bomber to Caucuses
    1 Eastern fig to Caucuses
    1 Balkans fig to Caucuses
    1 Ukraine fig to Caucuses

That’s all of it :-)

BB rolls a 2

1 hit in openning fire.

Awaiting AA shots (6)

• AA shots:

Against fighters: 2, 2, 3, 4, 6
    Against bomber: 1 (hit)

I took the liberty to roll for my Belorussia guy and the 5 guys remaining in Caucasus.

The Belorussia guy misses with a 4 (copied your guy apparently : / )

The five infantry go : 2, 4, 4, 6, 6 (bad roll like your west russia defense).

• Awaiting utter destruction by the German forces  :cry:

• @trihero:

AA shots:

Against fighters: 2, 2, 3, 4, 6
    Against bomber: 1 (hit)

I took the liberty to roll for my Belorussia guy and the 5 guys remaining in Caucasus.

The Belorussia guy misses with a 4 (copied your guy apparently : / )

The five infantry go : 2, 4, 4, 6, 6 (bad roll like your west russia defense).

Finishing Bel then…

INF rolled 2 and 5 (miss)
    ARM rolled 3 and 3 (2 hits).

Your INF dead.  Germany takes Bel with 2 INF and 2 tanks

In Caucuses (I’ll count those as 5 of your defense INF’s, but I show 9 INF present in Caucuses, plus 1 tank, so you will need to roll 3 more INF and 1 tank:
    Germany loses 1 fig to AA (I choose the loss, you rolled 6 AA, 1 hit, I lose the fig not the bomber)
    2 INF roll 4 and 5 (misses)
    2 INF supported and 2 ART roll 2, 3, 4, 5 (1 hit)
    3 ARM roll 5, 5, 5 (that sucks, 3 misses)
    4 figs roll 1, 2, 3, 4 (more like it, 4 hits)
    1 Bomber rolls 1m (1 hit)

Total attack rolls:
    1 INF lost to BB
    1 INF lost to ART
    4 INF lost to figs.

Awaiting last 3 INF defense rolls and tank defense roll for battle round 1

• Purchase: 4 infantry and 3 artillery, 0 IPCs leftover.

3 infantry + 1 fighter from karelia, as well as the fighter from moscow, attack Belorussia.

3 infantry + tank from Archangel, 3 infantry + 2 tanks + 1 art from moscow, 3 infantry + 1 tank + 1 art, attack West Russia.

Shoot I can see where you didn’t count my Caucasus forces correctly. See that set “3 infantry + 1 tank + 1 art”? That comes from Caucasus (I didn’t put a label by accident) which attacked West Russia on the first turn. If I hadn’t used those forces I would have had much lower rolls. Do you still wish to proceed with this combat?

• By the way you can’t not lose the bomber. In the rulebook you roll separate dice for fighters vs bombers; I rolled 5 white dice (fighter) and 1 black dice (bomber). The 1 was on the black dice.

• OK, I’ll lose the bomber :-P  Sine the roll was a 1 for it though, was still a fig hit.  So I’ll trash the Bomber and replace with fig.

As far as the INF from the West Russia attack…

That leaves me a lot more forces in WR than I had counted on, but I’ll continue.

Removing the 3 INF, 1 ART and 1 ARM to replace in WR.

And then with that adjustement, your Caucuses forces are dead with no remaining counter.

Damn, A few things I’d ahve done differently, but we’ll call it fog of war and go with it :-)

• Combat Moves:
    3 Norway INF to Karelia (open, taken w/o loss)
    2 Eastern INF, to Bel
    1 Eastern ARM to Caucuses
    2 Germany ARM to Bel
    1 Southern INF and 1 ART via tranny to Caucuses (with BB)
    3 Ukraine INF, 1 ART, 1 ARM to Caucuses
    1 Norway fig to Caucuses
    1 German fig to Caucuses
    1 German Bomber to Caucuses
    1 Eastern fig to Caucuses
    1 Balkans fig to Caucuses
    1 Ukraine fig to Caucuses

I don’t see how you attacked with 3 armors. Did you forget to mention that you wanted to move the Balkans tank to attack Caucasus as well? I only see 2 tanks, 1 from ukraine and 1 form east europe. We’ll call it fog of war too if you did indeed attack with the eastern tank. Anyways proceed with your turn. I have to work soon so I might not get to the UK’s turn.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m