• i was wondering what you guys put on in the back round while playing. I usually go for the Victory at Sea soundtrack, or even the soundtrack to Patton, and when its a big game that will last hours i usually put the Patton movie in. Its kind of fun to have that going on in the back round. One game lasted for 9 hours (with lots of breaks) we ended up watching almost the whole Band of Brothers series. Just wondering what you guys do, if anything.

• Lately have just had the TV in the background.  It’d be cool to put something in to listen, but as much as I like BoB and other war movies, I think it would just make the game go longer.  Which, now that I think about it, isn’t that bad…think it would work in bed?

• This was proposed in another thread but here my list:

1. Wagner: Entrance of the gods and Siegfried’s funeral march
    2. World at War soundtrack
    3. Soundtrack and movies for  : Tora Tora Tora, Battle of the Bulge (Panzerleid), Patton, Battle of Britain, Longest Day, and Midway
    4. Allo Allo
    5. Russian TV show called “Liberation” that ran from 67-71 (covering stalingrad-the Battle of Berlin in different episodes)
    6. Combat! all 5 seasons
    7. Big Battles documentary
      8)Hogans Heros
    8. Any good marching music

• I usually have a movie or the TV going, but it’s usually not a war show… just whatever’s on.  On Saturday and Sunday that’s usually football.

• I would rather have music on than the TV.Â

The TV can sometimes be too distracting. ( However IL, I couldn’t argue about having Hogans Heros playing in the background)

For music I suggest the World at War soundtrack.  The speeches on it can add a good effect to the game.

• @Jermofoot:

Lately have just had the TV in the background.  It’d be cool to put something in to listen, but as much as I like BoB and other war movies, I think it would just make the game go longer.  Which, now that I think about it, isn’t that bad…think it would work in bed?

i know for a fact that the patton soundtrack works in bed, nothing like good victory music to get you going :-D

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m