• Does the “Hulking Mass” ability allow you to remove the first damaged counter you receive each game or does it allow you to negate the first “second hit” you receive each game.  I’ll write what I think happens in () beside the following examples, considering the ability has not been used yet :

1. One attack makes 2 hits.  (Unit is disrupted, not damaged)
    2. One attack makes 2 hits and a second attack in the same phase makes a third hit.  (Unit is destroyed, ability cannot be used)
    3. One attack makes 1 hit and a second attack in the same phase makes a second hit.  (Unit is disrupted, not damaged)
    4. One attack makes 3 hits.  (Unit is destroyed, ability cannot be used)

Am I right, or is there something i’m missing?

• Founder TripleA Admin

“Hulking Mass  - Ignore the first Damaged counter this unit receives each game.”

Ignore means ignore. You put it down and pick it right back up again. So it’s the second thing you said “does it allow you to negate the first “second hit” you receive each game”

1. One attack makes 2 hits.  (Unit is disrupted, not damaged)
    2. One attack makes 2 hits and a second attack in the same phase makes a third hit. (Unit is damaged, ability is used)
    3. One attack makes 1 hit and a second attack in the same phase makes a second hit.  (Unit is disrupted, not damaged)
    4. One attack makes 3 hits.  (Unit is damaged)

That’s how I play it. No that I think of it, it is a little ambiguous.

• I do think it’s ambiguous as you say.  Because, for the 4th, even if you pick up the damaged counter, the destroyed counter is still there…

I would say this rule is very ambiguous…

• Founder TripleA Admin

This is from the FAQ

KV-1 says,
    “Hulking Mass - Ignore the first Damaged counter this unit receives each game.”

Q: During my assault phase, I score three hits in my first attack of the game against my opponent’s KV-1. What hit counters does the KV-1 get?
    A: The KV-1 receives a face-down Disrupted counter as the first hit. The second hit results in a face-down Damaged counter, which is ignored and removed immediately. The third hit then results in a face-down Damaged counter.

Q: Later in the same phase, I score an additional hit to the KV-1. What happens to the KV-1?
    A: Since the KV-1 already has a face-down Disrupted counter and a face-down Damaged counter on it, the next hit counter it receives will be a face-down Destroyed counter.

• we play with the house rule that states that any tank with an armor of 5 or higher can get 2 damaged and still be alive, but when it it gets the 3rd one it is dead. it didn’t seem right that a monster like the KV-1 or the Panther could be destroyed as easily as a Stuart or some other light tank.

• thanks djensen for the explanations

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m