• Build a base in French Indo-China Burma and a transport in Japan.  Do a pearl harbor with everything you got. (1 sub, 2 battleships, a carrier, and 2 planes).  Attack India with 3 men (this should buy you time to build in Indo-China) and attack China with all but 1 man in Mancuria … (of course everything from Kwangtung and planes from Japan proper.

By doing this, you’ve delayed (if not crippled the British) in Asia permanently, but you’ve also taken out 2 major obstacles against your conquest of Asia - The US navy in Hawaii, and that annoying plane in China.

On turn 2, you can place 3 tanks in Burma and build another base in Manchuria, (hence potentially making 6 tanks per turn after that) …

(and at the end of turn 1, land your planes in Burma to prevent the Americans from counterattacking from Sinkiang… )

Just my 2 cents…

• it’s been all but mathematically proven that transports are a better purchase than factories.

attack india with 3 men? how many units did uk leave in india on g1? do you always count on uk not defending india?

• Although it might seem a good idea at first, a J1 factory on the continent is not optimal.
    I recommand you buy 2-3 transports instead. That way you’ll be able to deploy more troops to the continent.

• Not only do I agree with the transport purchase instead of the factory purchase, but I would also advocate that you buy infantry until you really need speed. Since you will be speedbumped the whole way to russia, having infantry is just as useful as tanks until you face a large stack, because you have a lot of air power to attack with.

• @aaFiendish:

Not only do I agree with the transport purchase instead of the factory purchase, but I would also advocate that you buy infantry until you really need speed. Since you will be speedbumped the whole way to russia, having infantry is just as useful as tanks until you face a large stack, because you have a lot of air power to attack with.

Right on the spot!  Also the transports add mobility towards the islands, Australia or Africa if needed.

• I have to concur with the others who have posted.  A combined transport and infantry build for Japan on turn 1 is the way to go.  If Russia took Manchuria on round 1, and if the UK executed the “Kwangtung Maneuver”, the only place left for Japan to build is Southeast Asia.  While initially it MIGHT be safe (the US can take that factory using China and Sinkiang forces one time in 3, and later will threaten it with a southern island hoping fleet), it is too far from Russia to do any good, and forward progress against Russia proper is easilly blocked by Novosibirsk infantry units.  Japan HAS to focus on gaining IPC’s in round 1 in order to sustain a transport invasion of Russia through the back door (Manchuria to Yakut to Novosibirsk to Russia).  Also, as Japan builds a transport navy (protect by heavy naval forces that were NOT sacrificed against the US at Hawaii) the US has to garrison Alaska heavilly (that japanease transport fleet ferrying troops to Manchuria is a single move away from an all out invasion of Alaska too).  That reduces the number of US dollars that can be spent on the European war, allowing Germany to maintain the frontal assault on Russia that eventually leads to Japan taking Russia.  So for an opening move, Japan re-takes Manchuria, takes Australia, blasts the results of the Kwantung Maneuver (if executed) or takes China using air force and Kwantung infantry. If Japan still holds Manchuria, they assault Yakut and take it.  If the UK builds in India, that simply takes more pressure off Germany and allows THEM to take Russia, aided by the threat floating through the Siberian lands… too far from India for UK to do a darn thing about.  YAKUT is the key for Japan.  Take it and hold it, you have one territory with all of your west-marching forces to defend it from the Russians, and you force Russia to try to defend TWO territories against your massing forces.  The drain on Russia:  defending Evenk AND Novosibirsk plus holding Karelia and the Caucuses with an income of only 20 or so IPC’s is FATAL, REGARDLESS of UK and US support.  And with Russia gone, the Alllies WILL lose (economic victory is immediate on taking Russia, world domination only a few moves away)

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m