• I just ended the very first game of A&A: D Day and I have to say the game was very fun. Two comments:

1. The allies have their work cut for them. The Germans have a massive amount of reinforcements and especially tanks compared to the allies. They also have to take and hold three cities for one turn. As the German player I basically concentrated on moving into and defending St. Lo and harrasing Caen. I ended up winning fairly easily.

2. This game really shows the effects of air superiority. The aliies can really pin Germany down with air power. Startegic placement of fighters is very important in the game. The two players I was playing against basically figured out to load the spaces I really had to move or wanted to move in down with fighters. Itis tough to move 8 tanks out of a space with three fighters knowing that EACH fighter will get a roll against EACH tank moved. Thats 24 rolls against your tanks. Granted they only hit on a 1 but it still makes for a tense game!

All in all a fun game. I am getting ready to go play game number 2!!!

• I played a second game soon after the first in which I again played Germany. I lost on turn 9, however, I realized we were not playing correctly.

1. The allied players were placing their bombers in spaces with allied ground units. This is against the rules.

2. We were counting the blockhouses in the 8 unit stacking limit and they are not counted in the limit.

3. Allied players were moving their land units off of the beaches in the presense of blockhouses. They should not have been able to do this.

4. Allied players were not reinfocrcing correctly and didnt realize that the first two lines of reinforcements go to only certain beaches.

Had those four rules been followed I believe I would have won easily once more. As I said, I lost on turn nine.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m