• Since we now have this new cruiser unit we need a new ground unit:

Armored Infantry:

represented by a halftrack:

attack at 2 defend at 2 moves 2 cost 4.

Special talent:
    each matching mechanized infantry can “boost” the movement of one infantry to a movement of 2 at a 1/1 basis.

WOW! now try this in games. Its a perfect fit between infantry (slow small punch and tanks fast- big punch). plus its got a value different from Artillery but it still is worth a buy or two.

• @Imperious:

Armored Infantry represented by a halftrack… Its a perfect fit between infantry (slow small punch and tanks fast- big punch). plus its got a value different from Artillery but it still is worth a buy or two.

Yes it is a nice unit that is game balanced, but the big Q is: Is it needed to bring more game balance? The answer is no! However I have an NA called Panzergranadiers that is a bit of the same. I am not on your side here, since I basically dislike any kind of new unit. The cruiser unit was an exception like the idea of Tiger Tanks (a NA of mine).

• Ok but you see that the Soviets had lots of mechanized infantry, while the american forces were also quite mechanized. Its not fair just to allow Gerry to have all the goodies? is it?

Just create an optional rule section for revised. Now people at least have a choice of a few additional units to round out the “basic” list. no?

• @Imperious:

Ok but you see that the Soviets had lots of mechanized infantry, while the american forces were also quite mechanized. Its not fair just to allow Gerry to have all the goodies? is it?

Just create an optional rule section for revised. Now people at least have a choice of a few additional units to round out the “basic” list. no?

I would say motorized and not mechanized! Mech to me means elite troops that were favoured with a greater proportion of the best equipment . These troops were also fully motorized units, so that they could at all times keep up with the tanks.

• Not true in every case: the Germans had both motorized and mechanized units, while the Italians also had “motorized” units e.g the Treiste infantry units.

differences:

Motorized= ability to transport infantry and artillery with trucks rather than “horses”

Mechanized= Upgraded infantry with better weapons and armored cars, smaller light tanks, artillery and other goodies.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m