• common people. we all know what the UK could do. we all know that the UK focus is german. we also know that most german players will take out the UK naval fleet, as well as take africa. atleast part of it any way. so inevdibly in my opinion. the USSR is not the most screwed in the game, its the UK. they are incapable of retaking there territory they lost, and need several turns to rebuild there fleet. so in order to maxamize the UK you need to buy in my opinion fighters and bombers, subs and tranports. the reson behind the fighters and bombers is to bomb the snot out of germany. and to help out the USSR out in defeanse. the subs and transports are self explanatory. the subs will be simply fotter if the germans decide to attack with there air force. the transport are for the units going to europe. however i believe you should buy fighters and bombers for 2-3 turns. and allow the USA to build up first. this allows the UK to weaken the western europe and allow the USA to land troops there. then build the UK navy when the german air froce is depleted. also this will give the UK time to get more ipc. as the united states will attemp to retake africa for the UK.

• @darkangel:

the UK … are incapable of retaking there territory they lost… so in order to maxamize the UK you need to buy in my opinion fighters and bombers, subs and tranports.

that purchase list IMHO is …well … crap.

the reson behind the fighters and bombers is to bomb the snot out of germany. and to help out the USSR out in defeanse.

Remember your income of less than 30 IPCs. To help out the USSR your existing fighters must do.

the subs will be simply fotter if the germans decide to attack with there air force.

What good do they do? Why not build transports only then ? They defend infinitely better against aircraft. And you need them anyway to get your troops to wherever you like them.

however i believe you should buy fighters and bombers for 2-3 turns. and allow the USA to build up first. this allows the UK to weaken the western europe and allow the USA to land troops there. then build the UK navy when the german air froce is depleted. also this will give the UK time to get more ipc. as the united states will attemp to retake africa for the UK.

Honestly …. that is suicide. If you play like that, then it is not the UK that is screwed but the USSR and thus all of the allies.

A hint for you:
    UK builds a CV on turn one. The rest you can spend to your gusto, best built another transport. All available naval force go back to the British sea zone. The US then lands both their fighters on the carrier and add their transport. Should Germany decide to send its Luftwaffe against that, let them.

• The answer to your question is dependant on the circumstances.

In a no-bid game, yes UK can buy an IC in India and the Allies should still win. However, in a standard Kill Germany First (KGF) game, this isn’t optimal play, and if there are bids the Allies could well lose the game because of this alone.

Alternatively, if you want to try a KJF strategy (also not optimal play, but can be fun) you might want a UK IC in India as it can be used in this capacity.

However, Falk is correct with his hint - in almost all games, it is best for both the UK and the Allies for the UK to establish domination over the N. Sea as the first priority and the way he describes is a good way to do this.

• darkangel, in all three of your strategy articles, you’ve overstated the value of purchasing fighters for defense. I suppose if you’re going to spend your money purchasing a sub fleet for air defense, it probably doesn’t matter what else you’re spending on, you’re already screwed

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m