• I’m sure many of you have tried fighting a two front war with the Allies, either testing it out or out of boredom with Crush Germany… what’s the best you’ve come up with so far, aside from the traditional ICs in India/Sinkaing?

“A clever military leader will succeed in many cases in choosing defensive positions of such an offensive nature from the strategic point of view that the enemy is compelled to attack us in them.” - Moltke

[ This Message was edited by: Ansbach on 2002-05-16 14:47 ]

• :lol:

• Wild, that is too good of an answer… I had to go back and edit the original post! :smile:

I was looking more for operations in the Pacific, even though I know it’s a bad idea… more for fun than for winning.

[ This Message was edited by: Ansbach on 2002-05-16 14:48 ]

• This is the strategy I normally use. I’m typically against building Ics in Asia. I’ve already seen the effects of Japan making a land grab at India IC on the first turn, and how potential harmful it becomes in giving Japan a gateway to Africa and the Caucasus. Now the strategy that was proposed, and the one that I use, is to instead send UK and USA forces to Karelia via transports. This is of great benefit to the Allied cause as not only am I helping to reinforce the Russians and pressuring the Germanys, but also the transport fleet will help me later on in my invasion of Western Europe and North Africa. If I ever see Russia threatened by Japan, I can just shift forces from Karelia to Moscow. The only problem with this strategy is that it technically requires 4 non-combat movements on part of the USA to reach the usual trouble spot of Novosibirsk: from Norway, Karelia, Moscow, and finally Novosibirsk

• Oh and if you looking for Operations in the Pacific, talk to TM Moses VII about it. I bet she knows something that might be of some use to your inquiry. Just don’t expect it to be as good as good 'ol Hitler Goes Down Hard.

• TG (or TM): I hadn’t noticed you two were two different names until today… I’m guessing TM is your wife/girlfriend? If so you are lucky - I would love it if my wife played A&A! She likes Risk2 on the computer… that’s the best I could do so far… she doesn’t even like me playing A&A because it takes too long…

Also what’s the story with the names? Are there 5 more of you we don’t know about??? :smile:

“A clever military leader will succeed in many cases in choosing defensive positions of such an offensive nature from the strategic point of view that the enemy is compelled to attack us in them.” - Moltke

[ This Message was edited by: Ansbach on 2002-05-17 14:23 ]

• HA! HA! I get it. Corny, AB, real corny.
    –--------------------------------------------------
    …and now let’s play
    NAME THAT QUOTE
    “I’m the baby, gotta love me.”

• Nah, it’s real hard finding women with a an active interest in traditional based “Guy’s stuff.” She’s just my little sister, which goes to explain a lot. Risk is a great game; it was my training wheels before I started vigorously refining my skills at A&A. With Risk you see a game based more on diplomacy then warfare, almost the exact opposite of A&A. But Risk 2? Is this the new Risk game set in the future?

Oh as, the name of Moses, it’s a formal sur name passed down through the generations. The first two letters standing for an acronym – like for TG it would be “The Great” and for TM “The Magus” or “The Magnificent.”

• Well then, I wish my little sister was that cool! :wink: My little sis likes Simcity and Tropico, so she can’t be that bad… lol!

Risk 2 is another Hasboro CD-Rom game - it’s mostly plain ol’ Risk but it’s done really well, too. It has rules for simltaneous (sp?) turns that makes it even more strategic - that version is great!!

• Ah, the old fashion black and white Simcity on the computer, that sure brings back memories. I was never really good at that game – I constantly outspent myself even with hefty taxes. I guess Risk 2 is next on the list of things I sure check out hehe. :wink: I’m still waiting for Axis and Allies with simultaneous play, but for the time being, I’ll have to stick with using to Axis & Allies with two boards to get any real feeling of surprise.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m