• First posting. How do I post pictures as I have several of what I’m posting about right now but I cant get them up?

Sharing my modifications to AnA Classic. My method was to retain as much of the original flavor as possible while giving the game a more playable and professional look.  To that end, here are my enhancements:
    Map: I took a high resolution photo and used some photo editing software to remove board lines and blemishes.  I then went down to my local FedEx Kinkos and printed a blown up map on banner material. 75$
    Pieces: I used sandsticks and carefully removed burrs, blemishes and some lines from each of the pieces.  I gave special attention to the tanks which were molded such that they don’t sit flat on the gameboard but can almost rock side to side.  With that done, I went down to my local hobby shop and matched the paint to the pieces even accounting for the tonal color differences in the infantry vs other pieces (again retaining the flavor of the original).  I purchased flight stand from iwillnevergrowup.com to get the aircraft in the air and roundel decals from historicalboardgaming.com for each nationality to draw more attention to the aircraft.  Again, I did this so all players know at all times where all the air units in the game are.  I’m not a fan of painting everything in historical camo as I believe it can easily confuse other players and cause some to “not see” something right away increasing the chances of a strategic error. If I beat you, I want to beat YOU, not win bc you forgot about some unit somewhere, especially air units.
    Other modifications: I purchased new territory markers from historicalboardgaming.com as well as Axis and Allies poker chips from iwillnevergrowup.com  If there is one mod I would highly recommend, its this. Have you ever found paper money on the floor and wondered, “whos was this?”. Well, no more with these puppies. They’re clean, neat and easy to use. Finally, aside from the magents in each aircraft for the flightstands, I purchased extra magnets. I used a pindrill to carefully insert two magnets in each carrier before painting over them. Now, the carriers can carry fighters with no balancing act required.
    I will replace the styrofoam trays with plastic but I’m calling this done.  If you like this and want to see more, look out for my overhaul of AnA 3rd Party variant table tactics, “Central Powers” coming in about a month!

Cheers!

• @AcesWild5049:

First posting. How do I post pictures as I have several of what I’m posting about right now but I cant get them up?

Once you have 10 posts (it’s due to the forum’s anti-spam software) the system will allow you to post pictures.

• Okay thanks. Why was my post moved? There is nothing in it about house rules.

• Your right, this is customization

• @AcesWild5049:

If you like this and want to see more, look out for my overhaul of AnA 3rd Party variant table tactics, “Central Powers” coming in about a month!

Cheers!

Looking forward to your mods on Central Powers.

-Midnight_Reaper

• Thanks. I’m going to repost this as obviously, without pictures it’s difficult to appreciate or criticize.

• Still trying to post some photos and running into difficulty. I’ve posted 10 times to prove I’m not spam but still get this message:

"Your attachment couldn’t be saved. This might happen because it took too long to upload or the file is bigger than the server will allow.

Please consult your server administrator for more information."

I would really like to share my photos! Please help!

• @AcesWild5049:

Still trying to post some photos and running into difficulty. I’ve posted 10 times to prove I’m not spam but still get this message:

"Your attachment couldn’t be saved. This might happen because it took too long to upload or the file is bigger than the server will allow.

Please consult your server administrator for more information."

I would really like to share my photos! Please help!

If your files are less than 1536 KB and in jpg or png format it should work (max. two per posting as attachment).

Maybe it is easier to upload them to an image hoster (for example postimages.org) and embed the links. In this case you can comment on every photo that becomes part of the posting (instead of simply attach them to your posting).

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m