Where Larry harris got the pose for German Infantry

• Are you sure it was not the other way around, that Airfix stole it from Larry ?

• That’s an incredibly common pose for little plastic (or metal) army men tbh.

And it would be WotC, not Larry that chose it. ;)

Edit: Actually, it would have been either Nova Games and/or Milton Bradley that chose it, way back in the 80’s.

• @IWillNeverGrowUp:

That’s an incredibly common pose for little plastic (or metal) army men tbh.

Edit: Actually, it would have been either Nova Games and/or Milton Bradley that chose it, way back in the 80’s.

It would have been Milton Bradley that chose it. The Nova Games version of A&A uses cardboard chits with their attack and defense values printed on them.

-Midnight_Reaper

• @Midnight_Reaper:

@IWillNeverGrowUp:

That’s an incredibly common pose for little plastic (or metal) army men tbh.

It would have been Milton Bradley that chose it. The Nova Games version of A&A uses cardboard chits with their attack and defense values printed on them.

-Midnight_Reaper

True enough! I didn’t really look into it and never had the Nova Games edition (started with MB probably around '86).

• Airfix was huge back in the 70’s to mid 80’s.

A lot of people had large collections of those plastic armies.

So many different eras were covered by Airfix. My hobby shop had shelves of little boxes and terrain and tanks.
    It was a great time to be a kid. :-D

• @robert:

So many different eras were covered by Airfix. My hobby shop had shelves of little boxes and terrain and tanks.
    It was a great time to be a kid.

One of the best tricks in life is to sustain your childhood enthusiasm for hobbies into your adulthood, so that you can combine this youthful enthusiasm with an adult’s greater financial capacity to indulge in those hobbies on a much larger scale.

• @CWO:

@robert:

One of the best tricks in life is to sustain your childhood enthusiasm for hobbies into your adulthood, so that you can combine this youthful enthusiasm with an adult’s greater financial capacity to indulge in those hobbies on a much larger scale.

Now the next step is to go buy or if you still have those old plastic army men 3" and the plastic tanks and get your self some ships that float and build yourself a big pond and now have naval battles and Amp landings on shores.

Just like playing with Garden trains in your back yard.

• @SS:

@CWO:

@robert:

yes but those stores and stock were long gone by the time I had disposable cash.  :-(
    Now the next step is to go buy or if you still have those old plastic army men 3" and the plastic tanks and get your self some ships that float and build yourself a big pond and now have naval battles and Amp landings on shores.

Just like playing with Garden trains in your back yard.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m