• What are your thoughts on low luck and its impact on game balance?
    For those who sometimes play low luck or normal luck with bids, do you change your bid based on this option?

I believe that low luck gives a big advantage to the axis, as axis attacks more and low luck benefits the attackers.
    Is this what everyone also believe?

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

@SuperKiwi:

What are your thoughts on low luck and its impact on game balance?
    For those who sometimes play low luck or normal luck with bids, do you change your bid based on this option?

I believe that low luck gives a big advantage to the axis, as axis attacks more and low luck benefits the attackers.
    Is this what everyone also believe?

Low luck favors the axis big time. I would need a bid of 150 to even consider the allies in such a game

• '16 '15 '10

On the whole I believe low luck favors Axis and the bid should be slightly higher in low luck.

However, with aggressive play, Allies can take advantage of low luck conditions.  Attacks that are very dicey (say 70%) in dice are sure things in low luck.  It’s easier for Allies to plan out their moves because they’re more certain of outcomes.  And it’s more plausible for Allies to bet on 1-2 attacks.

• '21 '20 '18 '17

low luck = not really a game just a sim

• I’ve played  few low luck games and didn’t enjoyed them.
    But in a couple of recent games I’ve had times where i single battle in low luck mode would mean the world to me. Those battles where you have sat everything piece up perfectly for a plan and than the finale aspect… the dice. those small s.o.b.'s turns on you. and everything is lost.

So sometimes I would like if each sides had two low luck battles tokens in a game for situations like that.

And I think that in a setup like that both axis and allies would benefit from it almost equal.

Best regards Mrcunego

• Liaison TripleA '11 '10

@mrcunego:

I’ve played  few low luck games and didn’t enjoyed them.
    But in a couple of recent games I’ve had times where i single battle in low luck mode would mean the world to me. Those battles where you have sat everything piece up perfectly for a plan and than the finale aspect… the dice. those small s.o.b.'s turns on you. and everything is lost.

So sometimes I would like if each sides had two low luck battles tokens in a game for situations like that.

And I think that in a setup like that both axis and allies would benefit from it almost equal.

Best regards Mrcunego

Try Medium luck!

Before each battle, each side decides if they want straight low luck OR dice.  Then the battle ensues until it is complete!  Tends to still keep things excited but also more predictable when badly needed.

• Thanks for the tip.
    That seems to work better in live games as the flow of the game when PBEM would suffer if a lot of battles should be checked for any low luck desire by the opponent before proceeding.
    But an agreement of some sort of medium luck could work even with PBEM
    Best regards
    MrCunego

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m