1st Print/2nd Print differences aesthetically

• So I didn’t know these until I did some digging on these forums and many people are in my position. I currently have A&A 1914, A&A 1941, A&A 1941 Anniversary, A&A Pacific40(2nd edition), and A&A Europe40(2nd edition). I saw on youtube videos Axis and Allies Pacific Classic and loved the look of the board and pieces. I really liked the red Japanese pieces and they look better in every A&A imo. So I found out that some Pacific Classic games come with orange pieces and red pieces for Japan. So anybody who wants this game with the red set needs to get the print with “345 Pieces” on the cover of the box. I believe this was a misprint and they fixed it in 2006 or 07. But they also changed the countries colors. In the 2nd print ( with “330 Pieces” on the box) the Japanese are orange, and Chinese are red. The 1st print(345) are Red Japanese, dull khaki Brits, and dark brown Chinese. Also both of the games have the same piece count from my understanding, so hope this helps…

• I got one of these when they first came out and it has the orange/red Japanese pcs…but it also has both khaki AND light (pale) green British pcs.

Been looking for another with the same pale green British pcs included for a while now but have struck out repeatedly. Was this a limited time thing or just an abberation?

Thanks.

• @MauserBob:

I got one of these when they first came out and it has the orange/red Japanese pcs…but it also has both khaki AND light (pale) green British pcs.

Been looking for another with the same pale green British pcs included for a while now but have struck out repeatedly. Was this a limited time thing or just an abberation?

Thanks.

The pale green British pieces was something that Hasbro/WotC/Avalon Hill experimented with around the turn of the millennium. They can be found both in early A&A Pacific and in early A&A Revised. A&A Revised, from 2004, had the dark blue box and announced the addition of artillery and destroyers to the global A&A line up. Copies of A&A Revised can be found with both pale green and tan British pieces.

The red Japanese pieces were only found in early copies of A&A Pacific.

To find more pale green British pieces, I suggest looking either for copies of A&A Revised or where someone is parting out a copy of A&A Pacific or A&A Revised.

Either way, good luck!

-Midnight_Reaper

• Ahh, I see. Looked at the other thread by fredrick (and the one about the parts evolution over the years) but only got more confused. My set�s marked 345 pcs, copyrighted 2000…so your turn of the millennium info makes sense now. So the early release Pacific sets with the pale green would be kinda hard to find then, huh? Guess I�ll just have to get lucky. Thank you for the reply and the info. :)

• @MauserBob:

So the early release Pacific sets with the pale green would be kinda hard to find then, huh? Guess I’ll just have to get lucky. Thank you for the reply and the info. :)

There’s still a bunch of those early Pacific sets out there, Hasbro made a ton of them. Look for the 345 piece count boxes. The 335 piece count boxes were the correction for the later print runs. (You get 335 pieces per A&A Pacific game whether you buy an early print run or a late print run edition, the “345” was a typo. Still, it’s a useful typo for trying to find what you seek.)

Have fun, good luck!

-Midnight_Reaper

• For the A&A Revised game, you want this box:

(Source: https://boardgamegeek.com/image/42246/axis-allies)

Hope that helps.

-Midnight_Reaper

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m