• Hi forum

I thought this would be the proper place to get some feedback on a small project I have been working on. Whenever we play A&A (and we are beginners) it gets a bit hard keeping track of income, ipc, territories etc. So I thought, why not have a small ipad-optimized web-app running along-side the gameboard to keep track of numbers. The idea is to have the app interfere as little as possible and just seemlessly be able to give us some quick overview of the game status - but normal play is carried out on the gameboard.

I wouldn’t even go as far as to call it alpha. I have just finished the basic flow and layout, but I guarentee there will be loads of bugs and crashes in its current state.

But what I would like to know is whether you think it’d be useful, and if I should consider implementing something more to it?

Currently the underlying data is interchangeable, so it should just be a matter of adding some json-files for it to run another version of A&A. But this one is set up to run A&A 1940.

Also, does anyone know who I should contact for permission to use the A&A name and logo?

The preview is deployed here: helper.axis-and-allies.app

• I would make the link clickable, but I can’t (probably since I am a new member)

If a crash happens I would recommend clearing the app cache from the browser’s debug-menu  8-)

• '17 '16 '15

Hi vicktor

sounds cool. I know some people have a kick ass magnetic board hanging on the wall that shows a lot of stuff. Probably could add other stuff to your ipad deal though. Like battle calc, rules link etc…

welcome to the boards : )

• @barney:

Hi vicktor

sounds cool. I know some people have a kick ass magnetic board hanging on the wall that shows a lot of stuff. Probably could add other stuff to your ipad deal though. Like battle calc, rules link etc…

Welcome.
    Heres my magnetic boards I use for my games. Simple and no clutter on map.
    Ideas if you go that route.

image3(8).png

• @barney:

Hi vicktor

I hadn’t considered a battle-calc. It would fit in quite will under the combat-movement phase of the app. However, do you think this is a thing that should be available to players during play? In my opinion I think it takes some skill off the players - the decision on which and how many units to attack with should perhaps be left to the attackers gut feeling and head-calculations? Not sure what you think?

I am already starting on adding rules to the app - and for each phase i will show some of the more relevant rules to that particular phase.

@SS:

Welcome.
    Heres my magnetic boards I use for my games. Simple and no clutter on map.
    Ideas if you go that route.

What an awesome board! Reminded me that I forgot to put an overview of reaseach-abilities in (and an option to purchase dice on Phase 1)!

• At the moment i am needing to fill out most of the data about the gameboard. That being IPC for territories, convoy-disruption, kamikaze, etc. etc. Does anybody have this info at hand somewhere? I would like to avoid the tedious manual work of typing it all in.

• '17 '16 '15

@viktor89:

At the moment i am needing to fill out most of the data about the gameboard. That being IPC for territories, convoy-disruption, kamikaze, etc. etc. Does anybody have this info at hand somewhere? I would like to avoid the tedious manual work of typing it all in.

Not that I’m aware of. You could probably copy/paste some stuff from the rule book I would think. Might just have to type away : ) Do small portions at a time so as not to be overwhelmed : )

Yea I like live play for the “gut feeling” battles as opposed to battle calc. Battle calc has it’s uses, especially for testing stuff, but I think the live thing gives more of a “real” feel than pbf where you can take as much time as needed to make the best play. Both are fun though, just a little different

• @barney:

Not that I’m aware of. You could probably copy/paste some stuff from the rule book I would think. Might just have to type away : ) Do small portions at a time so as not to be overwhelmed : )

Yea I like live play for the “gut feeling” battles as opposed to battle calc. Battle calc has it’s uses, especially for testing stuff, but I think the live thing gives more of a “real” feel than pbf where you can take as much time as needed to make the best play. Both are fun though, just a little different

I will go at it then - once I am done I’ll open-source the json, so other people can use that in projects :)

Agreed on that battle-calc thing. I will leave it out of the app, as it is intended as a game-aid during play

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m