• Customizer

Suggested as one-time unit bonuses for obtaining specific territorial targets. To represent “liberated” peoples turning on their former occupiers. Tracked by tokens removed when the bonus is claimed.

Japan:

India - 10 infantry. Had Japan conquered India it would have found no shortage of natives willing to help stop the British getting back in.
    Western USA: 3 infantry (liberated internees)

Germany:

Each USSR tt outside Russia proper - 4 infantry. (Local nationalists e.g. Ukraine, Baltic states)
    Each USSR tt inside Russia - 2 infantry. (anti-Communists)
    Eastern USA: 3 infantry. (DAB volunteers)

USSR:

Each non-USSR tt liberated from Germany/Italy - 2 infantry (e.g. Finland, Romania, Yugoslavia, Poland anti-Germans)
    Each Chinese tt liberated from Japan - 2 infantry (Communist infiltration)

USA:

France: 4 infantry, 1 tank, 1 fighter. (French patriots armed with American equipment. This is more authentic than a restored France being able to “build” new units) [in my rules captured factories are removed and cannot be rebuilt] Applies even if France is physically liberated by the UK.
    (Chinese units) 2 infantry for each Chinese tt liberated from Japan, that is Chinese tts starting under Japanese occupation.

ITALY:

Egypt: 3 infantry (Arab nationalists)

• 2023 '22 '21 '20 '19 '18 '17 '16

I very much like the overall idea. I think you’re doling out too many infantry in too many different places, and the effect will be disruptive to players’ strategies and will require a lot of bookkeeping.

I would cut the bonuses roughly in half, and apply them to only a handful of specific countries that are relatively easier to remember. I would also limit the bonus to territories that start the game in enemy hands, so you don’t get weird see-saw effects as ownership changes hands.

I like the idea of having Paris yield bonus units rather than ‘re-igniting’ the French economy.

JAPAN

India – 5 infantry
    French Indo-China – 1 infantry
    Western US – 1 infantry

GERMANY

Ukraine – 2 infantry
    Baltic States – 1 infantry

ITALY

Egypt – 2 infantry

USSR

Yugoslavia – 2 infantry
    Romania – 1 infantry