Looking for someone to play TripleA Global 1940 2nd ed (axis or allies, no bid)

• Hi!

I’ve been playing A&A for years, and my dad just introduced me to TripleA online, and I’m hooked! Anyone interested in a game of global 1940 2nd edition? I can do a 1 or 2 turns per day, most days. I’d prefer no tech, and I’m happy to do Axis or Allies with no bid.

Joseph

• I’m in.  We could also do a face-to-face game if you are within a day’s drive of DC.

regards,

Jonathan Rost
    jonkrost@comcast.net

• Sweet! Let’s get a game going! Do you prefer Axis or Allies? If it’s up to me, I’d rather do Allies as I’ve been working on my Allies strategy recently. But either is fine.

I live in Portland, Oregon, so I guess we’ll have to stick with online. :)

• I’ll play axis.  Are you OK with doing email, rather than forums?  Have you registered with MARTI for dice rolling?

regards,

Jonathan

• Yes, I’ve registered for MARTI for dice rolling. I’m not clear on the difference between playing by email and by forum. Can you explain?

Thanks!
    Joseph

• The game mechanics are pretty similar.  I guess the forum allows anybody to tap in to the game we have underway and see what’s going on.  I don’t think anyone could hack the game though.  If I were well organized, I could analyze my opponent’s moves against other players and try to determine what he’s going to do in any given situation.

The forum, when it’s working correctly, prints out all of the unit buys, the moves, and new unit placement.  With play-by-email (PBEM), you receive a file via email that shows the final situation.  I haven’t figured out what I’m doing wrong, but when I play, the forum doesn’t capture all of the moves I make, so I include a brief summary of what I’ve done.

For me, the advantage to PBEM is that it’s easy to scan my email and see when the other guy has sent his move.  With the forum, I have to go into this system and look for new moves in our game.

I will need your email address to initiate the game, as MARTI will send you the combat results.

• OK, thanks for the info. In exploring this a little more, I’ve decided that I’d like to start doing league games so I can participate in the tournament next year. Would you have interest in doing a league game?

My email is: hoffmanmusic@gmail.com
    Joseph

• I am super interested!

• I could use a game or 3.

• '19 '18 '17 '16 '15

+1…if you have time please ping me.

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m