• Hey, is there a different way to set up the board? I have gotten bored of the way it says in the box. THANKS!

Note: I dont have more than one set of game components.

• Try adding a “bid” for the allies, or putting a bomber in Moscow. I think it would help balance the game more as well.

• What is a bid? I haven’t ever heard of that before.

• A bid is used to help balance the game to more “even” odds of either side winning. In my opinion, 1941 favors the Axis, so to play Allies, you could bid for it. Say one person starts the bid at 15 IPC, and another says they would play Allies for 13, etc. Whoever bids lowest, is the winner of the bid and plays the Allies in this case.

They then get to use their bid as additional units they can place on the board at setup. Usually the bid requires the country to already have units in the space. You can search these boards for more discussion/rules concerning bids.

• Thanks for relating that to me. :-) I am still open to other ideas.

• There are innumerable sets of House Rules on that Board Topmat. I doubt that there are any for 1941 though, as our fellow forum members tend to prefer the more complex A&A variants. Nevertheless you might gain inspiration by looking in there.

One example would be to add some National Objectives.

Personally I find the bid that Booper mentions is sufficient.

• @Topmat:

Hey, is there a different way to set up the board? I have gotten bored of the way it says in the box. THANKS!

I’ll ask the obvious question: Have you ready the FAQ? There are new setup instructions in the FAQ:@Avalon:

Errata
    Page 6 - Combat Forces: The United States’ Starting Income should be “17”. Some copies of the Rulebook indicate it to be “15”.
    Page 13 - Blitzing Example: The first panel should depict a tank moving through an empty territory, and the second should depict a tank unable to move through a territory containing an enemy unit.
    Back Cover - Soviet Union Setup Chart: Russia should contain 6 infantry, 1 tank, and 1 fighter.
    Back Cover - United States Setup Chart: The United States’ Starting Income should be “17”. Some copies of the Rulebook indicate it to be “15”. Also, Northwestern China should contain 1 infantry, and sea zone 11 should contain 1 destroyer and 1 transport.

This and more are available at WotC/AH Rules website: http://avalonhill.wizards.com/rules.

Just so’s you know.

-Midnight Reaper

P.S. Edit to remove diamonds.

• @Midnight_Reaper:

@Topmat:

Hey, is there a different way to set up the board? I have gotten bored of the way it says in the box. THANKS!

I’ll ask the obvious question: Have you ready the FAQ? There are new setup instructions in the FAQ:@Avalon:

Errata
    Page 6 - Combat Forces: The United States’ Starting Income should be “17”. Some copies of the Rulebook indicate it to be “15”.
    Page 13 - Blitzing Example: The first panel should depict a tank moving through an empty territory, and the second should depict a tank unable to move through a territory containing an enemy unit.
    Back Cover - Soviet Union Setup Chart: Russia should contain 6 infantry, 1 tank, and 1 fighter.
    Back Cover - United States Setup Chart: The United States’ Starting Income should be “17”. Some copies of the Rulebook indicate it to be “15”. Also, Northwestern China should contain 1 infantry, and sea zone 11 should contain 1 destroyer and 1 transport.

This and more are available at WotC/AH Rules website: http://avalonhill.wizards.com/rules.

Just so’s you know.

-Midnight Reaper

P.S. Edit to remove diamonds.

I know my copy of A&A 1941 that I bought a year ago has updated setup charts that includes the changes made in the errata. If Topmat acquired this game recently, it’s very likely that his copy has the updated setup charts too.

• I want to thank everybody for telling me all this. No I havent read the faq, but I will do so as soon as i’m done here. I got my game for Christmas when I was ten, five years ago. So I don’t guess my game came with the updated charts you talked about. It would be really appreciated if you would relate on the national objectives.

• Look at the rules for Anniversary which variant does include National objectives, Topmat. Then play around with them ……

Enjoy! :-D

• Ok great. Thanks.

• WOW! This edition looks really cool. I wish I had this one also. (Saw all the stuff that wasn’t in 1941.)
    I found the national objectives. I definitely will use these in my next game.

• Quite a few would say Anniversary is the best variant. I would agree with them!

• It is worth getting. Good luck!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m