New to A&A 1941 Questions on a few situations / scenarios …..Help

• Just bought A&A 1941 for my son for Xmas.  We love the game but have a few questions about some situations.

1.  If planes wipeout all land forces of a country, the country doesn’t change over till an opponent’s land force (tank or Infantry) crosses into it, correct?  Planes can’t claim new territory?
      2. Japan sends some bombers (only) to US West Coast were there are two tanks & a carrier with two planes on it, in the same seazone adjacent to west coast.    Do the bombers have to announce which targets they are going after meaning, land or sea? Do or can the planes on the carrier defend?  Also, to clarify, the seazone and West Coast US are counted as (1) space as far as planes moving over. Not (2) as in 1 for water then 1 space for the land portion.
      3. (similar to question 1)  Germany takes over London with one Tank.  On the US turn they use a bomber and defeat the only tank.  Now London has no units on it but remain in German controls.  US has no way to put land forces on London, therefore Germany wins (using quick play rules)?

Any help is appreciated!!!

• Welcome General Tso.
    1. You are correct; only a land unit can capture a territory.
    2. The Sea Zone (SZ) and land territory are two separate spaces. The ships occupy the SZ and the Tanks the West Coast territory. Each  Japanese Bomber can only target one or the other. It costs  one more  movement to enter the land territory.
    3. A controlled territory does not need to be garrisoned to remain controlled. In this case, Germany would still own London. As we said, a territory must be captured by a Tank Or Inf unit to change hands.
    I hope this helps. Enjoy your games.

• I have nothing to add to wittmann’s explanation, he is right on the money.

So, I’ll just say that I love your username, Mr. General Tso!  :-D

-Midnight_Reaper

• Thanks for the help and thank you!

Suggested Topics

Axis & Allies Boardgaming Custom Painted Miniatures

Users

Topics

1.7m