Cannot Post To Forum with TripleA

• '18

Hi all, I have tried to setup my first game but keep getting a long error “sun.security.validator…unable to find valid certification path to requested target” which I believe is associated with Java? I’ve updated to latest version of java, have the latest version of TripleA 64bit and looked for help on the forums to no avail.

I also tried play by email but get “Unable to send by email”, console says it cannot authenticate my gmail. So I turned off 2-step authentication, turned on “allow less secure apps”, neither made any difference.

Any help is appreciated!

• '18

Here is the console text when I try to test the email:

triplea.engine.version.bin:1.9
    java.io.IOException: javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: 534-5.7.14 <https: accounts.google.com=“” signin=“” continue?sarp=“1&scc=1&plt=AKgnsbtq<br”>534-5.7.14 0agWfkeYHayyW6rL-JaSHtB3tyu3InkH8_a8vkthtPAzjUvxYSB4W0R6uBXrX5TZJbjEWR
    534-5.7.14 iMohYYIA8lFkmdN5htnzdgyVPllycVQKNpUGUxWM9o0j4hwbuMuWEm3tw3fedOF1cV9Bcy
    534-5.7.14 uh7ejViK1gwYkAMToCnu8hId7NnDXyO7_PrxjqqIkqtQXjIgqGFDYBQLqZQd4tdqWFQZ3r
    534-5.7.14 EVbXAdyJNkHpiwLd6_wIYHYw4S8KY> Please log in via your web browser and
    534-5.7.14 then try again.
    534-5.7.14  Learn more at
    534 5.7.14  https://support.google.com/mail/answer/78754 l19sm4331142pgc.57 - gsmtp

at games.strategy.engine.pbem.GenericEmailSender.sendEmail(GenericEmailSender.java:194)
    at games.strategy.engine.framework.startup.ui.editors.EmailSenderEditor.lambda$testEmail$269(EmailSenderEditor.java:165)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    Caused by: javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException: 534-5.7.14 <https: accounts.google.com=“” signin=“” continue?sarp=“1&scc=1&plt=AKgnsbtq<br”>534-5.7.14 0agWfkeYHayyW6rL-JaSHtB3tyu3InkH8_a8vkthtPAzjUvxYSB4W0R6uBXrX5TZJbjEWR
    534-5.7.14 iMohYYIA8lFkmdN5htnzdgyVPllycVQKNpUGUxWM9o0j4hwbuMuWEm3tw3fedOF1cV9Bcy
    534-5.7.14 uh7ejViK1gwYkAMToCnu8hId7NnDXyO7_PrxjqqIkqtQXjIgqGFDYBQLqZQd4tdqWFQZ3r
    534-5.7.14 EVbXAdyJNkHpiwLd6_wIYHYw4S8KY> Please log in via your web browser and
    534-5.7.14 then try again.
    534-5.7.14  Learn more at
    534 5.7.14  https://support.google.com/mail/answer/78754 l19sm4331142pgc.57 - gsmtp

at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport$Authenticator.authenticate(SMTPTransport.java:950)
    at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.authenticate(SMTPTransport.java:861)
    at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.protocolConnect(SMTPTransport.java:766)
    at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:366)
    at games.strategy.engine.pbem.GenericEmailSender.sendEmail(GenericEmailSender.java:186)
    … 2 more</https:></https:>

• '17 '16 '15

Hi Deignanator

Panther will see this sooner or later. You can PM him also. You registered your email with the marti dice server I assume ? Only thing I can think of but really don’t know

• '18

Yes I did thanks.

Got email working. I went back to “allow less secure apps” and it was off again for some reason, turned it back on and now it works, but still get the sun.security… error when trying to post to forum.

• @Deiganator:

… still get the sun.security… error when trying to post to forum.

This sometimes can happen in case the old Java version has not been completely removed before updating to the new one.

Please see
    https://www.java.com/en/download/faq/remove_olderversions.xml

and then this
    https://www.java.com/en/download/help/download_options.xml

So I recommend to follow the hints to uninstall every Java-version you might have (incuding the new one) first.
    Then please download the offline installer matching your OS (for example Windows 64 bit) and execute it for a clean install of the latest Java.

This should solve your problem. Please ask back in case you run into further problems.

Good luck!

• '18

Hi P@nther, thanks for the reply. I already updated to the latest Java version and removed all old versions. But I removed it again and followed the instructions in your links again with the same results. Still getting the same error. Only other thing is the computer I am getting this error on is 32 bit not 64 as stated.

• @Deiganator:

Only other thing is the computer I am getting this error on is 32 bit not 64 as stated.

So you need to install the 32-bit version of TripleA:
    https://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/releases/download/1.9.0.0.7621/TripleA_1.9.0.0.7621_windows-32bit.exe

Please copy-paste the error message or post a screenshot of it in case it occurs again.
    Thank you :-)

• '18

I’ve got the 32 bit version installed. Sorry I originally stated 64, I meant 32.

21-Dec-2017 13-37-18.jpg

• Which Windows 32bit are you running?

• '18

Windows 7

• OK, can you please confirm again that there is nothing else Java-related on your PC than the latest Java 8 Update 151?

I am asking that again, because this issue has been resolved in the past by removing outdated Java versions.

Please take a look here:
    https://github.com/triplea-game/triplea/issues/2554

• '18

I’m not sure. Maybe something uses Java? I’ve attached a list of my installed programs.

22-Dec-2017 13-07-42.jpg

• That looks good.

Now troubleshooting will become a bit tricky.

Please do as follows:

• Start TripleA
    • Start a Local Game
    • When the games has started find the Menu Debug and then click Show Console
    • When the Console has opened, click the button Properties
    • Then click Copy to Clipboard
    • Paste in this thread.

• '18

Loading map: world_war_ii_global, from: C:\Users\mdeigan\triplea\downloadedMaps\world_war_ii_global-master.zip
    Loading resources from the following paths: [C:\Users\mdeigan\triplea\downloadedMaps\world_war_ii_global-master.zip, C:\Program Files\TripleA\assets]
    Loading map: world_war_ii_global, from: C:\Users\mdeigan\triplea\downloadedMaps\world_war_ii_global-master.zip
    Loading resources from the following paths: [C:\Users\mdeigan\triplea\downloadedMaps\world_war_ii_global-master.zip, C:\Program Files\TripleA\assets]
    Heap utilization statistics [MB]
    Used Memory: 105
    Free memory: 884
    Total memory: 989
    Max memory: 989
    SYSTEM PROPERTIES
    awt.toolkit sun.awt.windows.WToolkit
    exe4j.consoleCodepage cp0
    exe4j.isInstall4j true
    exe4j.launchName C:\Program Files\TripleA\TripleA.exe
    exe4j.moduleName C:\Program Files\TripleA\TripleA.exe
    exe4j.semaphoreName Local\c:_program_files_triplea_triplea.exe0
    exe4j.tempDir
    exe4j.unextractedPosition 0
    file.encoding Cp1252
    file.encoding.pkg sun.io
    file.separator
    install4j.appDir C:\Program Files\TripleA
    install4j.exeDir C:\Program Files\TripleA
    install4j.launcherId 33
    install4j.swt false
    java.awt.graphicsenv sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment
    java.awt.printerjob sun.awt.windows.WPrinterJob
    java.class.path C:\Program Files\TripleA.install4j\i4jruntime.jar;C:\Program Files\TripleA.\bin\triplea.jar
    java.class.version 52.0
    java.endorsed.dirs c:\program files\common files\i4j_jres\1.8.0_144\lib\endorsed
    java.ext.dirs c:\program files\common files\i4j_jres\1.8.0_144\lib\ext;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\lib\ext
    java.home c:\program files\common files\i4j_jres\1.8.0_144
    java.io.tmpdir C:\Users\mdeigan\AppData\Local\Temp
    java.library.path C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lenel Shared\LNVSuite Client Components\7.3;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lenel;C:\Program Files\GE\FCWnx\VMC\lib;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client;C:\Program Files\Lenovo\Fingerprint Manager Pro;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\2.0\bin;C:\Program Files\GE\FCWnx\VMC\videoDrivers\lib;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem;C:\PROGRA~1\Sybase\SQLANY~1\win32;C:\PROGRA~1\Sybase\SQLANY~2\bin32;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Program Files\OnGuard;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lenel;C:\Program Files\Card Scanning Solutions\SDK;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon;c:\program files\common files\i4j_jres\1.8.0_144\bin
    java.runtime.name Java™ SE Runtime Environment
    java.runtime.version 1.8.0_144-b01
    java.specification.name Java Platform API Specification
    java.specification.vendor Oracle Corporation
    java.specification.version 1.8
    java.vendor Oracle Corporation
    java.vendor.url http://java.oracle.com/
    java.vendor.url.bug http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/
    java.version 1.8.0_144
    java.vm.info mixed mode
    java.vm.name Java HotSpot™ Client VM
    java.vm.specification.name Java Virtual Machine Specification
    java.vm.specification.vendor Oracle Corporation
    java.vm.specification.version 1.8
    java.vm.vendor Oracle Corporation
    java.vm.version 25.144-b01
    line.separator

os.arch x86
    os.name Windows 7
    os.version 6.1
    path.separator ;
    sun.arch.data.model 32
    sun.awt.enableExtraMouseButtons true
    sun.awt.exception.handler games.strategy.triplea.ui.ErrorHandler
    sun.boot.class.path c:\program files\common files\i4j_jres\1.8.0_144\lib\resources.jar;c:\program files\common files\i4j_jres\1.8.0_144\lib\rt.jar;c:\program files\common files\i4j_jres\1.8.0_144\lib\sunrsasign.jar;c:\program files\common files\i4j_jres\1.8.0_144\lib\jsse.jar;c:\program files\common files\i4j_jres\1.8.0_144\lib\jce.jar;c:\program files\common files\i4j_jres\1.8.0_144\lib\charsets.jar;c:\program files\common files\i4j_jres\1.8.0_144\lib\jfr.jar;c:\program files\common files\i4j_jres\1.8.0_144\classes
    sun.boot.library.path c:\program files\common files\i4j_jres\1.8.0_144\bin
    sun.cpu.endian little
    sun.cpu.isalist pentium_pro+mmx pentium_pro pentium+mmx pentium i486 i386 i86
    sun.desktop windows
    sun.io.unicode.encoding UnicodeLittle
    sun.java.command C:\Program Files\TripleA\TripleA.exe
    sun.jnu.encoding Cp1252
    sun.management.compiler HotSpot Client Compiler
    sun.os.patch.level Service Pack 1
    triplea.engine.version.bin 1.9
    user.country CA
    user.dir C:\Program Files\TripleA
    user.home C:\Users\mdeigan
    user.language en
    user.name mdeigan
    user.script
    user.timezone America/Los_Angeles
    user.variant

• Okay, thanks.

Additionally to your latest Java that you have installed manually from www.java.com, there is another version of Java installed here:

c:\program files\common files\i4j_jres\1.8.0_144

TripleA is using this version instead of the latest one that you should have installed manually (151).

I suspect an interference that causes your issue.

Now use the explorer to navigate to

c:\program files\common files\i4j_jres\

and delete the folder “1.8.0_144”.

After that restart TripleA and try again. TripleA should then use the system-wide (newer) JRE.
    Please report back.

• '18

Awesome! Thank you so much! Works now!

Not sure why the Java tool to remove old versions didn’t work?

• @Deiganator:

Awesome! Thank you so much! Works now!

Not sure why the Java tool to remove old versions didn’t work?

Great!

It is not the fault of the Java removal-tool.

The reason for this issue is another one:
    In case you install Triple A for the first time and don’t have any Java on your system, the TripleA installer will download a so called bundled Java version and install this to the place I told you. TripleA will always use this bundled version regardless of any newer versions that you have installed manually. So in case things change for Java (for example security certificates), the Java version used by TripleA will not be updated.

The Java.com instructions/tools can’t know about this individual installation.

This is why I always recommend to first install/update Java from www.java.com and afterwards TripleA.

Now enjoy gaming :-)

• '18

Sorry to bug you again but I am getting another error and unable to post to forum again. I was able to in this particular game but on my Russia Turn 2 it started erroring again and will not go away.

03-Jan-2018 14-53-12.jpg

• @Deiganator:

Sorry to bug you again but I am getting another error and unable to post to forum again. I was able to in this particular game but on my Russia Turn 2 it started erroring again and will not go away.

That is the same error as before …

Please do this again:

• Start TripleA
    • Start a Local Game
    • When the games has started find the Menu Debug and then click Show Console
    • When the Console has opened, click the button Properties
    • Then click Copy to Clipboard
    • Paste in this thread.

• '18

Heap utilization statistics [MB]
    Used Memory: 124
    Free memory: 865
    Total memory: 989
    Max memory: 989
    SYSTEM PROPERTIES
    awt.toolkit sun.awt.windows.WToolkit
    exe4j.consoleCodepage cp0
    exe4j.isInstall4j true
    exe4j.launchName C:\Program Files\TripleA\TripleA.exe
    exe4j.moduleName C:\Program Files\TripleA\TripleA.exe
    exe4j.semaphoreName Local\c:_program_files_triplea_triplea.exe0
    exe4j.tempDir
    exe4j.unextractedPosition 0
    file.encoding Cp1252
    file.encoding.pkg sun.io
    file.separator
    install4j.appDir C:\Program Files\TripleA
    install4j.exeDir C:\Program Files\TripleA
    install4j.launcherId 33
    install4j.swt false
    java.awt.graphicsenv sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment
    java.awt.printerjob sun.awt.windows.WPrinterJob
    java.class.path C:\Program Files\TripleA.install4j\i4jruntime.jar;C:\Program Files\TripleA.\bin\triplea.jar
    java.class.version 52.0
    java.endorsed.dirs c:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_151\lib\endorsed
    java.ext.dirs c:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_151\lib\ext;C:\Windows\Sun\Java\lib\ext
    java.home c:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_151
    java.io.tmpdir C:\Users\mdeigan\AppData\Local\Temp
    java.library.path C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lenel Shared\LNVSuite Client Components\7.3;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lenel;C:\Program Files\GE\FCWnx\VMC\lib;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Program Files\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client;C:\Program Files\Lenovo\Fingerprint Manager Pro;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\2.0\bin;C:\Program Files\GE\FCWnx\VMC\videoDrivers\lib;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem;C:\PROGRA~1\Sybase\SQLANY~1\win32;C:\PROGRA~1\Sybase\SQLANY~2\bin32;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Program Files\OnGuard;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Lenel;C:\Program Files\Card Scanning Solutions\SDK;C:\Program Files\Intel\WiFi\bin;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intel\WirelessCommon;c:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_151\bin
    java.runtime.name Java™ SE Runtime Environment
    java.runtime.version 1.8.0_151-b12
    java.specification.name Java Platform API Specification
    java.specification.vendor Oracle Corporation
    java.specification.version 1.8
    java.vendor Oracle Corporation
    java.vendor.url http://java.oracle.com/
    java.vendor.url.bug http://bugreport.sun.com/bugreport/
    java.version 1.8.0_151
    java.vm.info mixed mode
    java.vm.name Java HotSpot™ Client VM
    java.vm.specification.name Java Virtual Machine Specification
    java.vm.specification.vendor Oracle Corporation
    java.vm.specification.version 1.8
    java.vm.vendor Oracle Corporation
    java.vm.version 25.151-b12
    line.separator

os.arch x86
    os.name Windows 7
    os.version 6.1
    path.separator ;
    sun.arch.data.model 32
    sun.awt.enableExtraMouseButtons true
    sun.awt.exception.handler games.strategy.triplea.ui.ErrorHandler
    sun.boot.class.path c:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_151\lib\resources.jar;c:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_151\lib\rt.jar;c:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_151\lib\sunrsasign.jar;c:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_151\lib\jsse.jar;c:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_151\lib\jce.jar;c:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_151\lib\charsets.jar;c:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_151\lib\jfr.jar;c:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_151\classes
    sun.boot.library.path c:\program files\java\jre1.8.0_151\bin
    sun.cpu.endian little
    sun.cpu.isalist pentium_pro+mmx pentium_pro pentium+mmx pentium i486 i386 i86
    sun.desktop windows
    sun.io.unicode.encoding UnicodeLittle
    sun.java.command C:\Program Files\TripleA\TripleA.exe
    sun.jnu.encoding Cp1252
    sun.management.compiler HotSpot Client Compiler
    sun.os.patch.level Service Pack 1
    triplea.engine.version.bin 1.9
    user.country CA
    user.dir C:\Program Files\TripleA
    user.home C:\Users\mdeigan
    user.language en
    user.name mdeigan